Page 4 of 15 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 next Page »

RE: Posting Videos

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:15 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Debilius you have making excuses and have been without a webcam for over 2 years now. You cant save up 80 bucks in a 2 year period?

Last edited Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:56 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:52 pm
by JoelMedina • 72 Posts

Hey guys!

Here's an update on my picking hand. I feel it's finally coming full circle now, extremely relaxed picking hand and an attack and accuracy that is developing nicely; There's still a lot more I need to improve on but I'm happy with the rate I'm progressing. To get it out of the way, I don't do SAROD or scalpel picking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjLGuaPy2pc

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:18 pm
by John567 • 156 Posts

Awesome. Please keep posting results when you can. I find it really motivating....

:D

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:30 pm
by Cliff • 344 Posts

Sounds great. Very precise, and really nice tone.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:47 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Couple of timing videos.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:20 am
by mitch2209 • 3 Posts

How does one upload a video to this forum? My video einfügen skills are not very good.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:03 am

Upload to you tube and paste the address of the video here or click the little video link when posting and put the address of your video there to embed into forum as mine above ok.. look forward to seeing it

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:41 pm
by Debilius • 96 Posts

You're right Pebber... I am an excuser big time... and I admit it... but it happens that I allways spend money on something more musical for me than I consider a webcam. My bad. Recently I bought some mics and a bass guitar.... before that it was multiefect pedal just for practice, later, singer from my band got pregnant, f*d up situation big time ... and yet, I have a broken hard disc waiting for data recovery, and all of my important music projects are on it, and it's gonna be expensive... what to say... no webcam for me yet... but I'm experimenting right now with my smartphone which have a shitty sound quality, and I'll try to put up some decent video pretty soon if I manage to sync direct amp sound through my computer with smartphone video file in some video editing software... my biggest excuses for 2 years delay.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:21 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Dont worry about it - just get it up there when you can.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:02 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

I've been feeling guilty comment on other peoples' videos without posting much of myself. So please comment if you're willing to watch!

In the "good teachers on youtube" thread I put in a plug for the music production course offered by Berklee on coursera.org. Using info I've learned through 3 of 6 weeks, and the Reaper manual, I created the backing track to this video. I still need to learn how to mix and use effects and automation, but whatever, I'm a hobbyist anyway.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:09 pm
by Cliff • 344 Posts

Very cool :).
Here's a satch cover I recorded a while ago. Yours is much better :). I was definitely biting off more than I could chew. But, hey, we both have dogs randomly wandering around the in background of our recordings!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:29 am

AS i've realised video'ing yourself is the best way to self criticise
gonna be recording and posting most of what i practice

Here
http://www.youtube.com/user/deltadaz?feature=mhee

Heres the latest warming up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh1ulPzC2...IqkovLQ&index=1

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:28 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Quote: JoelMedina wrote in post #77
Hey guys!

Here's an update on my picking hand. I feel it's finally coming full circle now, extremely relaxed picking hand and an attack and accuracy that is developing nicely; There's still a lot more I need to improve on but I'm happy with the rate I'm progressing. To get it out of the way, I don't do SAROD or scalpel picking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjLGuaPy2pc

Good job Joel. Push yourself harder.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:30 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Quote: dlraben wrote in post #85
I've been feeling guilty comment on other peoples' videos without posting much of myself. So please comment if you're willing to watch!

In the "good teachers on youtube" thread I put in a plug for the music production course offered by Berklee on coursera.org. Using info I've learned through 3 of 6 weeks, and the Reaper manual, I created the backing track to this video. I still need to learn how to mix and use effects and automation, but whatever, I'm a hobbyist anyway.

Watch your timing. Practice timing drills with metronome and also, as your are doing this, pay strict attention to your INTONATION and TONE. TIMING, INTONATION, TONE. This will help you.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:32 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Quote: deltadiscos wrote in post #87
AS i've realised video'ing yourself is the best way to self criticise
gonna be recording and posting most of what i practice

Here
http://www.youtube.com/user/deltadaz?feature=mhee

Heres the latest warming up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh1ulPzC2...IqkovLQ&index=1

You are on the right track delta. This is the type of thing to do daily. Cheers for that if you are keeping it up every day. Watch your picking arm. Often on the 6 notes per beat, you are stiff arming it too much. Wrist, sarod, or scalpel.

Good session mate! This is the type of INTENSE stuff we have to do daily to push it to the next level.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:13 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

Zitat
Ursin: Watch your timing. Practice timing drills with metronome and also, as your are doing this, pay strict attention to your INTONATION and TONE. TIMING, INTONATION, TONE. This will help you.

Ursin, thank you for the feedback! I find that it's easier for me to learn when I can see/hear examples of good vs bad sounds. If you wouldn't mind spending another few minutes, would you be able to direct me to a few seconds in my video where my tone & intonation are way off so I can better understand what you mean? Were there any phrases that were good (examples?)? I'm not saying at all that there aren't dozens of examples of crap timing, tone & intonation ... I know I still suck. I just want to understand good vs bad from the perspective of someone that knows what's good vs bad (i.e. not my family).

Not sure it makes any difference (fingers crossed), but keep in mind you're hearing me over a web cam mic where I hear me through an attenuated 2x12. Still chugging through Berklee's mixing course on coursera so maybe I can improve upon this in the future.

Thanks in advance!
-Damon

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:34 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Quote: dlraben wrote in post #91

Zitat
Ursin: Watch your timing. Practice timing drills with metronome and also, as your are doing this, pay strict attention to your INTONATION and TONE. TIMING, INTONATION, TONE. This will help you.

Ursin, thank you for the feedback! I find that it's easier for me to learn when I can see/hear examples of good vs bad sounds. If you wouldn't mind spending another few minutes, would you be able to direct me to a few seconds in my video where my tone & intonation are way off so I can better understand what you mean? Were there any phrases that were good (examples?)? I'm not saying at all that there aren't dozens of examples of crap timing, tone & intonation ... I know I still suck. I just want to understand good vs bad from the perspective of someone that knows what's good vs bad (i.e. not my family).

Not sure it makes any difference (fingers crossed), but keep in mind you're hearing me over a web cam mic where I hear me through an attenuated 2x12. Still chugging through Berklee's mixing course on coursera so maybe I can improve upon this in the future.

Thanks in advance!
-Damon

When I say "intonation" I mean, hitting the right notes or, having ACCURACY with hitting the notes you want to hit be it through fretting the note, sliding to the note, bending the note, adding vibrato to the note, etc.

00:53-00:56 Wah here? sounds out of place, off beat, weird, odd, not in a good way
00:58-1:05 Poor intonation
1:07-1:25 This is better
1:32 wah here? It's not working in these places
1:52 Nice lick
2:02 Nice bend
2:04 Poor bend
2:10 Very strange bend
2:17 Bad bend
2:28 Bad bend
2:44 Bad slide
2:59 bad bend

Also, you are going to the vibrato to quickly when you get to the note. Hit the note, pause briefly, then add vibrato and try to make it slower and wider. It's too fast. Get to the note, pause, add vibrato. Slower and wider.

Use the wah to phrase. That's great. But don't pump it back and forth so fast. Just doesn't sound right. Again, slow...open it slow...ride the midrange.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:53 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

Ursin, thank you! Very appreciated.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:43 am
by uderoche (deleted)

It's cool bro. We've all got work to do myself included. There were lots of times Pebber would and still tells me "This sucks" "That sucked" "Ok that was cool" "No...try this" "What are you doing" "Ok, this is good" etc etc

Trial and error and practice

The key to this is, play over that track 100 times. Video tape each one. Watch them all back. You'll see that it gets better. Then do it another 100 times. Keep doing it. Keep practicing.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:16 pm
by John567 • 156 Posts

Hey diraben,

Is that an original? Either way I like it.

:D

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:31 pm
by dlraben • 278 Posts

Ha! No. It's Joe Satriani's, but thanks for the kind words. Here's what it was supposed to sound like in case you want to hear how much further I have to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMqjimTRYg0

But anyway, I chose that one because I was practicing creating my own backing tracks. I'm working on Samba Pa Ti now...

Wouldn't it be nice if us students shared backing tracks with each other???

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:10 am
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

Hi wanted to give an update on my right hand Sarod/scalpel finally feelin a LOT more comfortable then last time, I still suck though^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLQ97Z_PHxs&feature=youtu.be

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:11 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Quote: K Kromp wrote in post #97
Hi wanted to give an update on my right hand Sarod/scalpel finally feelin a LOT more comfortable then last time, I still suck though^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLQ97Z_PHxs&feature=youtu.be

I don't see any scalpel picking or sarod. Maybe it is the angle of the camera

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:17 am
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

mhm it was more visible when i had the thumb right on the pick, but I changed it because i cramped up too much plus I now play JazzIIIs. Anyway heres a video that shows it better I hope ( or does not show it if i fucked it up or something) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyFTdC6gcY&feature=youtu.be

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Quote: K Kromp wrote in post #99
mhm it was more visible when i had the thumb right on the pick, but I changed it because i cramped up too much plus I now play JazzIIIs. Anyway heres a video that shows it better I hope ( or does not show it if i fucked it up or something) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyFTdC6gcY&feature=youtu.be

Yes, it is looking better here. Scalpel is just a movement of the thumb and first finger. Some people like to move it in a circular motion hence the term "circle picking." Looks like you have the basic movement down. But it seems too tense. Like, you are digging into the string too hard.

This goes for everyone that, picking the guitar string is lightly gliding the very tip or edge of the pick across the string. You only want to exert as much effort as is necessary to get the string to sound. This should be very little.

You can pick harder or softer for that desired effect but, generally, you should be picking the string very very lightly. Just gliding the very tip of the pick over the string. That is all.

-Ursin

Scroll up

Page 4 of 15 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 next Page »

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
381 guests and 2 members have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

2 members have been online today:
McFly, webpulseindia