in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 7:27 am
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)
Getting better w/ the Sarod...hehehehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPEf2dIa4Oo&feature=youtu.be
Scroll up

RE: Posting Videos

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 8:52 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts
That looks like something else than Sarod. It doesnt look like you are floating your wrist it looks like alternate picking.
Close up please.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 12:12 pm
Ok...lemme get fired up...or @ least from frozen to cold
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 12:19 pm
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts
yea start off slow nick get that timing down i allways start slow triplets at 60 bpm build it up then get another video up..
love your enthusiasm very infectious.

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 12:40 pm

I will be sad if it turns out my picking is not true Sarod...I was Floating wrist in original video...this clip was cut from a larger video I had recorded that went up to 270 B.P.M. w/ the neocalsical pedal 6/4 deal before things got a little sloppy so I cut it from the video...though even if is n't Sarod I am still proud of it because picking 16ths @ 270 ammounts to a controlled 18 N.P.S. (270x4/60=18) when didnt really feel the need to exhert myself...I think thats probably in the top 1% eschelon & that makes me happy because before I starting thinking about sarod I could not pick for crap. Its faster than I have seen Petrucci, Vai, or gilbert, or cooley pick...So it cannot be that bad of pick technique. Anyway I gota start practicing and get warmed up for a close up shot.

Last edited Wed May 29, 2013 12:46 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 12:58 pm
by dlraben • 278 Posts
With the utmost respect Nick, I do not believe you are playing 16th notes at 270 bpm. While I'm not saying it's humanly impossible, you might be talking a couple thousand people worldwide, or less.

Now if you are one of those few people, KUDOS! But before you convince yourself that you are one of those people, you might want to prove it with a little work. Someone on this forum showed how you can use the html5 version of youtube to play back your video at 25% speed to more easily hear if you're really playing what you think you're playing. Even more accurate would be to import your audio into a DAW that you can really slow down and compare to a click track / metronome. With this method you can hear AND see if you're really that fast. Seriously, try one of these options out. No, really.

Track down a longer post I made about published bpm values and someone else's claims on this board if you're interested. I believe that person was playing 3 or even 2 notes at X bpm when they thought they were playing 4.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 1:03 pm
Actually I am going be pretty frustrated/pissed if it turns out I cannot do Sarod yet, because I have been working this stuff harder than anything else ever in my life, and I am pushing as hard as I can with working this stuff there is no more spare effort I can channel into it.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 1:07 pm
Again, the 30 sec clip here had a nome @ 241 B.P.M. there was about another 30 min in the video
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 1:11 pm
by dlraben • 278 Posts
I don't want to piss you, or anybody else, off so let's just agree to disagree on that.

Anyway, keep at it man, even if it turns out you don't quite have Sarod down yet. Heck, maybe you do. Pebber just asked for a closer look.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 2:41 pm
about 1/2 way warmed up to were I was during vid...filming the warm up/Sarod induction from begining to end
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 3:59 pm
by K Kromp • 27 Posts
mhm looks fast unfortunatly one couldn't hear you play, simple question why does matter so much to you if its sarod, i mean if you really can go at 270bpm 16th notes, i would just experiment with the best sound out of the picking because your fast enough anyway( just my opinion maybe you want to make music only at much higher speeds than this)
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 4:15 pm
@217 filming up close going through every picking exercise I can remember from PB's vids right now....The series of videos from starts @ 60 B.P.M. and ill keep going until it is obvious there is going no further. They are going to be unlisted on youtube so there will be links i'll post here 1-2 hours from now.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 5:05 pm
by uderoche (deleted)
Nick, I love how you push it brother. Keep going. Do another video, close up and let Pebber look at your sarod. He can give you the ultimate insight.

You are not playing 16th notes at 270bpm.

I think we need to have a discussion on the metronome.

Play slow...then speed it up gradually. Make a video of that.

Regardless, love your attitude. Keep going forward

Twitter @ursinderoche
Facebook www.facebook.com/UrsinDeRoche
YouTube www.youtube.com/ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 5:39 pm
argh....Nobody seems to listen....I never claimed that the 30 second clip there contained anything @ 270 B.P.M...it was part of 30 min video that ended @ 270....give me 20 more min. almost done w/ my little series.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 5:40 pm
these vids will stick a fork in this little debate...mwahahaha
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 5:56 pm
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts
New with picking questions
link to what drlben was on about

i thought i was playing a lot faster
great way is record with audacity or reaper with a click track
then slow it down i get to 220bpm 16ths 14nps happy with that

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 6:25 pm

the last video is the shortest of them...and yeah I couldn't get all the way up to 270....But its good enoug to conclude this silly little venture and celebrate the wonderful excesses made possible by Sarod.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzwnCy0IV5I

Last edited Wed May 29, 2013 6:30 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 6:45 pm
On a more serious note...Pebber asked for a close up shot...youtube is slow in uploading it...it says its going to take 40 more minutes.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 8:37 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOFtmylb8LE not until @ the 13 min mark that I start trying to Sarod
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 29, 2013 8:50 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts
Heres 270 bpm folks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIOak3-Ss1k

16th notes would be 4 notes EVERY CLICK.

not 2 notes, or every other click for that matter.

16th notes at 270 bpm?
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu May 30, 2013 1:33 am

I dont see why its so hard for anyone to beleive...I figure there must be Sarod players out there capable of sextuplets at that tempo....and if noone else, I'd bet that between yourself, Buckethead, and Frak that things of considerably less "feasibility" have been achieved.

Last edited Thu May 30, 2013 1:36 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu May 30, 2013 2:49 am

Attached is 1.) video file @ 260 B.P.M. & 2.) a corresponding audio that has been slowed down enough to tell what was happening...There was some hit and some miss (really good accuracy is hard to get @ this tempo; but yes it does clearly show a few seconds of picking @ 4/beat 260. Ugh...Its not going to let me attach an aup file from audacity to the forum; just sent both files to Ursin in pm on his official facebook page/ couldnt think of any more efficient way to get it out..Its not any really fancy or difficult pattern just part of a dumb pedal sequence. Its not hard to hear at all, its sitting there clear as day in the .AUP

Last edited Thu May 30, 2013 3:19 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu May 30, 2013 3:45 am

I wish that people would be more inclined to take me more seriously and at my word... No matter...When he hears it in the Audacity file and sees it in the mini clip, I know Ursin will confirm the 30 sec audio file for what I was talking about, they are right there @ the end tucked within their respective beats and anyone who can recognize 16ths to a 40 B.P.M. clicktrack will recognize them. That settles it/

Last edited Thu May 30, 2013 3:53 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu May 30, 2013 5:22 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts
Nick, everyone here is taking you seriously and everyone is praising your work ethic. When people stop responding to you on a forum like this is when they no longer take you seriously. Instead of wishing that people take you at your word though, maybe consider a little more why people are giving you the feedback that you're playing WAY slower than you are claiming AFTER WATCHING your videos.

Also, consider why you only find drummers and video game heroes in youTube when you search for 270 bpm. It's because 16ths at 270bpm is TOO F*&KING FAST; both to play and to even want to play to sound musical.

If you're still not convinced by 4+ people including 2 excellent teachers, I for one would like you to post this, today, without warming up. For someone that can play 16ths at 270 bpm, these speeds should be totally doable with no warming up at all. Heck, these speeds are totally doable by lowly old me, with no warming up at all. Note that I freely admit that I top out with 16ths at about 192-208 bpm (see my last Sarod posting). Also, to even play that fast, I have to warm up for at least an hour AND play super boring single notes or really easy double/quadruple picked runs. NO ONE is going to want to listen to that!

Anyway, use whatever picking method you want and record this:

1. Put your metronome at 1/2 volume.
2. Take off distortion and put your amp at a bit higher, but non-clipping volume.
3. Record 16th notes at 60 bpm for 1 minute.
4. Record 16th notes at 80 bpm for 1 minute.
5. Record 16th notes at 100 bpm for 1 minute.
6. Record 16th notes at 120 bpm for 1 minute.
7. Record 16th notes at 140 bpm for 1 minute.

Start to finish that should be doable in under 10 minutes, so I shouldn't be ruining your practice session. Then stop, share, and go on your marathon picking/trill practice session.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu May 30, 2013 6:08 am
You made some very good points here! Steps have been requested so they shall be obliged. Here is the pickings you requested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbVqpSxUSTk&feature=youtu.be
Scroll up

Page 6 of 15 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 next Page »

Visitors
0 Members and 20 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
100 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 917) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly