Page 3 of 15 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 next Page »

RE: Posting Videos

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:32 pm
by JoelMedina • 72 Posts

Hey guys, my name is Joel. I've been lurking this forum for a few months now, decided to join after seeing this thread come up. While I don't really use Pebber's sarod picking style, I have learned and put to practice a whole lot from his left-hand exercise videos. Can't wait to further my playing even more because of this forum!
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJkbs5ngBzA&feature=plcp

Last edited Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:44 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:16 am
by John567 • 156 Posts

Hi Joel,

You should give it a try. I've found that Pebber's right hand stuff is the best out there. I wasn't totally hooked until I gave it a go. After a few weeks I haven't gone back to using my wrist in that anchoring fashion that your video shows. Take a look at how fluid his or FRaKh's stuff is and compare it to someone else's like k kromps video example (earlier in this post).

Its definitely a freeing experience. Especially, if you are into improvising. I just don't feel locked down anymore....

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:31 am
by JoelMedina • 72 Posts

Oh, I have sarod picking in my arsenal already. I'm not a master at it like Frakh or Pebber by any means but I got to a point where I can pick like that comfortably. I've been watching Pebber Brown videos for almost 4 years now and I went through heavy phases where I practiced this stuff for up to 10 hours a day in an obsessive fashion. Even though I don't use sarod picking now, a lot of it helped flesh out my picking hand to what it is.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:20 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Been trying to learn Glasgow kiss for a while now I still can get nowhere near the speed to get it.. so well done to you Joel
I seem to have a lot of trouble with learning songs/solo's at all at the moment.. maybe I just have not got the technique right for learning songs..

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:12 pm
by JoelMedina • 72 Posts

No worries, its not the easiest line to pick. To be honest, I'm only doing it at 90% of the full speed here. I wanted to give the rest of you guys an update on my technique, It's been a couple days now that I've been experimenting not anchoring. The reason being that I tried playing an archtop over the weekend, turns out that my way of anchoring doesn't translate too well on archtops haha. I'll post some videos if you guys care.

Last edited Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:20 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:34 am
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

It's been a bit of time now since my video and I changed my picking style to Sarod (atleast I think I did), I'm really amazed of the Daily Practice routine you just feel every day your getting better by a bit. Next week I'll post a video of my Sarod and maybe Spiders thanks Pebber for your Youtube Videos especially the 1h + videos!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:29 am
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

mhm kind of a shity video but maybe someone could give me advice :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ku5GYJDfGU&feature=youtu.be

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:35 am
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

I did notice the forearm movement which is good, but I also see a lot of wrist movement as well. How is you scalpel picking?
Lately a lot of guys are showing wrist movement and no scalpel....it made me go back and look at my videos to see if I am doing something wrong!
In some of my videos my wrist is almost locked and I am positioning the pick with scalpel picking(modified). my wrist isnt moving...I am taking advantage of the Sarod movement and using the scalpel picking for finesse. Try looking at one of my vids.....this one...made years ago. My wrist isnt moving toooo much but I am using alternate picking...using the scalpel picking very slightly to the point where you might not see it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9-AeuqIyeo&feature=plcp

Your on the path....keep practicing and make another video in about 2 months.

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:50 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Did you practice scapel for me it was a natural progress from scapel into sarod/scapel hybrid.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:38 am
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

Ok so it's too much wrist movement for sarod? I use Scalpel for Slower stuff now a lot of times I noticed that my timings with Scalpel at Slow speeds are sometimes off after a while

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:49 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Yes
Thats correct Delta.....use it as a transition from slow to fast....scalpel to full Sarod.
Thats what I do...

Ohh...and to mute the strings...Delta....I use more scalpel than Sarod....but for the fast fast playing...my mute isnt there yet...:(.

Just to let you know.....

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:47 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

Been working on my hybrid picking...I want to develop a better contrapuntal approach to playing chords, but I dont want to abandon the
plectrum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AT5Eq2xKmY&feature=plcp

"Sarod floats like a butterfly...But it stings like when I trill"-Old Shed Proverb

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:01 am
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

Update on my Sarod... I hope one can see the technique because my arm isn't fully in it, my speed has increased quite a bit as I worked on Scalpel but when it gets to my speed limit I just Sarod I guess http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1Dm4486oQ

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:50 am
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

You look more comfortable now than you did previously.
Especially when you alt picked across the strings at the end.

Keep practicing and work on getting you scalpel moving.
The Sarod I didnt see a whole lot of but I think you may still be getting it down.

Also the sound was low...but thats ok....keep practicing.

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:42 am
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

Thanks for the advice, I keep practising

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:57 pm
by John567 • 156 Posts

The Experiment Continues....

It's been about a year since starting Pebber's regiment for the right hand. So, I figured an update is due. Here is a live sample taken in Late January of this year:

I'm really happy with what I'm getting out of Pebber's stuff so far. My technique still sucks but still way better than a year ago.

I'm still working through the last bits of the 1st DVD and I just began incorporating material from the 2nd DVD. I'll update when I can.

:D

Last edited Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:58 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:41 pm
by Ibanez1012 • 5 Posts

Hey John...thaT's really really nice n' cool,keep jazzin on ;o)

Last edited Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:42 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:41 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

This is really cool thanks for posting. Its hard to play SAROD over Jazz changes I know!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 am
by John567 • 156 Posts

Thanks guys. You know what Pebber? Once I felt I was out of my "comfort zone" speed wise, I could feel my technique slipping. It was funny. I remember saying to myself "that's not suppose to happen.. why isn't my right hand listening to me.....".

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:37 am
by bbbeardsley • 2 Posts

Hi nice jazz but how'd u load ur video right in the post please help thanks steven

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:10 pm
by John567 • 156 Posts

Hi bbbeardsley,

1. Pick your youtube video that you want and right below it you will find the word share. Click it.
2. From the menu pick "Embed" and copy the code.
3. Paste the code in where you want it in the post.

And that's it. Give it a try and post something. I'd like to see more samples of people playing Pebber's stuff here in the forum.

Hope this helps...

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:07 pm
by student • 146 Posts

[Video][/Video]

A minor pent, 1/8 notes @ 120 bpm

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:09 pm
by student • 146 Posts

[Video][/Video]

Scalpel picking, 1/16 notes 80 bpm

I have been a student of Pebber's for a little over a month and have seen huge increases already in my picking and scale practicing.
I used to pick at roughly 200 bpm, I warmup at 1/16 notes 100 bpm but am a little inconsistent with it still so I posted at 320 bpm.

I do minor pentatonic scale practicing up and down the neck, 1/8 notes 120 bpm ( like in my vid posted above this one ). I can get my A minor pentatonic to around 1/8 notes 138 bpm, but again I would rather be comfortable when posting these vids.

Last edited Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 pm
by John567 • 156 Posts

Awsome stufff. Keep the vids coming as your progress grows.....

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 pm
by student • 146 Posts

Thanks John!

I enjoyed listening to your jazz solo. Jazz fusion is becoming a common music genre while at work for me.
I would say good luck to you, but your sound is fucking awesome as is.

Scroll up

Page 3 of 15 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 next Page »

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
262 guests and 2 members have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

2 members have been online today:
McFly, webpulseindia