Posting Videos

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:13 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

I see lots of typing and rambling about a lot of shit here on the forums. But where are the videos of people playing? Only a few guys have done it so far. Are the rest of you a bunch of "armchair quarterbacks?" I think so. Thats the worst kind of player of all. Someone who can talk a lot of shit but fuckin' cant play anything. Oh and uh - I have heard every excuse in the book "Uhh my webcam doesnt work very well, Uhh I dont have a camcorder, Uhhh I dont have a webcam, Uhh my computer uhh my computer ...."
Come on guys - get it up there so we can SEE it. If you guys cant post a simple video then we KNOW you are just a weakling who cant go outside the house without getting sunburned real easily.

Last edited Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:16 am | Scroll up

RE: Posting Videos

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:26 pm
by John567 • 156 Posts

Pebber asks and so shall it be. This is just some noodling over a modal vamp (I hope this works):

I started only this year with Pebber's DVD in February if I remember correctly.

Last edited Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:28 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:38 am
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

!
F^%$ing GREAT man!

You started this year or started this year with Pebber?
Either way man...sounds bitchen!

You would have me in the audience!

You play in a band...or at least in the public...yes?

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:19 am

Now THIS is EXCELLENT technique and tone! You really GET IT!
Thanks for your post I see no need for imoprovement.
Keep on doing exactlyu what you do.

PS - DVD's 2 and 3 will be out this month

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:06 am
by John567 • 156 Posts

Thanks guys. Your stuff is great Pebber. Reading the forum along with your Youtube videos and the DVD has help my right hand in a big way. Also, FRaKh's contribution in the forum and his videos help a lot as well. Just seeing your technique in action was very beneficial in a real time way. I never had the exposure to the mind set and intensity that you guys have.

To answer FRaKh: This is strictly me sitting down and watching the DVD and Youtube stuff. The amount of material is overwhelming. But when I watch your samples from the forum I was blown away again. I just remembering thinking if Pebber has it and FRaKh has it, there has to be something to it. I'm still blown away at the level of technique you guys have. And yeah, I play from time to time in town. But lately not so much. FRaKh, keep posting videos, man. Very motivating stuff.

I need to work on plenty especially my left hand endurance so I can't wait for the next DVD's. Again, thanks guys.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:28 pm
by student • 146 Posts

Very pleasant listening, great fucking sound!! I am at work writing code and this is the kind of shit I need to listen to!!

I was talking to a coworker today about how easily an electric guitar can ruin the background music "back tracks". Steve Vai managed to ruin an orchestra with his over zealous playing of "for the love of god" ( according to me anyway ). Anyway I am going off on a rant, just wanted to say that alot of the vids I see of Pebber and his students seem to "tie it in well" with the other instruments. I think there was a vid of Pebber incorporating ladder and spider excercises into performing over back tracks which sounded amazing.

So it appears to me that you have the "loose thumb" down and were using the sarod technique ? If so, did you start out first learning scalpel to get the "loose thumb" (think Pebber suggests this in one of his vids)?

I can't wait for my DVD now!! and thanks for posting !

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:13 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Thank You John!
More videos..you bet...I need a good practice day or two to launch a new thread.
They will come!

and guys.....we need more videos from you...does not have to be much, just examples of what you
are working on....in other words...if you have a question...post a video of what you are trying to do.
It really....really helps us help YOU! again...for FREE!!!!!
It doesnt have to be long winded....just a short clip...thats it.
and again....
try to post in the appropriate thread so we can share the answers to your questions in an orderly way.

There is a lot of talent on here!!! A LOT! Case in point...John.
Thank you John for posting!

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:31 pm
by John567 • 156 Posts

Thanks for the comments. Sorry for the late reply, but I had to think about your question. I've just been concentrating on the sarod from Pebber's DVD and youtube vids (about an hour a day). "Appears" is a good description. I can do the scalpel in short spurts but no where near as good as Pebber or FRaKh. My main goal right now is to improve the sarod. It's been slow moving but I do see that I'm getting a stronger right hand. It will take some time but I feel that I'm on the right track.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:15 pm
by hudsontoronto • 79 Posts

this video i shot a long time ago, 3 or 4 months...
trying to improvise over girl from ipanema...
i started taking lesson from Pebber in 2009 before that I didnt even know how to hold a pick, needless to say I knew no scales what so ever...
I dont practice many hours per day and I guess i have learned a lot from Pebber`s videos...
don`t laugth.... i`m still learning that tune!!!! lol>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liAQzOFYjC8

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:54 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

So when I saw this thread I thought I would kill two birds w/ one stone....So I made a video to post, of a composition that I wrote today as a token of my thanks to Pebber for showing me a clear path (when I first found his youtube channel I had little to no clue as to what I needed to be doing to start advancing as better guitarist/musician). P.S. the little pause in the vid was b/c the piezo channels battery just decided to conk-out in the middle of the vid...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Ge-uROQ8w

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:00 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Good!
Are you using the scale tone forms in order to arrange your piece or are you free forming it?
If so....which ones are you using....5 pattern...7 pattern...or the 14 pattern forms?
I ask this because it can tell others who are just starting how important it is to memorize them.
And if you are not using them....are you at least practicing them?
Good show!
Thanks for posting...and remember...ask questions through a video...its the best way we can see whats going on....even pick angles...
or whatever.

Thanks again!
great stuff man!

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Hudson...
At least for me...I could not see your video...something was wrong or deleted....
Sorry

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:13 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Good!!!!
I tell you John.....I never ever joke about Sarod and how Powerful it is.
It is wellllllllllll worth the 2 years of hard practice to start to understand it.
This IS a technique that will allow you to play at HIGH speed through patterns....not just one string...not simple patterns but sequences over six!

Send a vid our way of your basic movements you have going on with it...post it in the sarod thread....and I as well as the other guys who are getting it will absolutely give our best and honest opinion of what may improve your technique.

I hope you do.

Just give some of us some time to get back to the forum...we have work and kids and headaches...hehehe
but we will get to it.

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:24 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

By the way Mr. Frankh I revisited your older Sarod vids earlier and I am green with envy...I sat on my coutch today with a pen for 2 hours trying to get the damn thing to vibrate...sigh*

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:34 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

I'll put it to you this way Frank, after seeing on your vids what Sarod is capable of, I now know why Buckethead doesn't have to rely on sloppy ass legado like I do w/ the whole big tuplet scale fraggy dealy thingys that he does. Because honestly with just the wrist-bobing motion that everyone had told me was the thing to do (So of course thats what I have always thought DUDUDU picking was all about) so thats what I did....But I think I would have to sit there doing the picking open strings rituals on my practice chair for the next 600 years to get to that magical 14.8 NPS picking that that guy does. 2 years for Sarod is much sooner than 600 years (-:

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Yes
FRaKh

14.8?
That fastest guy??
Dela Verga?

Sarod is the way to go.

The 2 years is to START to understand. Its an understanding type of technique..."the hybrid".

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:52 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

14.8 is more or less how fast Buckethead picks when he goes of the deep end whilst soloing...What I would not be willing to give (other than my soul of course) to be able to pick that well!

Last edited Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:53 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Is FRAKH not "Frank". You insult the Vulgarian homeland by getting it wrong.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:29 am
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Lets see...
15 nps=150n/10sec=300n/20sec=900n/min
hhmmm...
I have seen..with a crappy technique....aprox 32nps=2100npm.....16 years old
I have to double check that one!
it may be 1050npm....FRaKh forget

with Sarod...
sixtupletes at 240bpm
IS attainable
with my early mourning math, comes out to....24nps???? and
Cruzing at 180-200 w/sixtupletes

Practice the HELL out of it guys!
and post question videos!

FREEDOM IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF DISCIPLINE!

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:30 am
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

AAhhh yes...thank you...
Mama back home was worried FRaKh change name!

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:19 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

Sextups @ 240 is absurd...almost to the point of being silly...but I guess that once you can do it, anything less than it would be like cakewalk in the teapark. Also "Frankh"<-----w/ an "h", I thirst for more of your picking knowledge...Anything you that you can tell me can only aid me in my quest.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:23 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

I know Geography isnt one of my fortes but I am highly sceptical of your assertion of Frankh being Vulgarian.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:34 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

FRaKh

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:35 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y_zXf1Ltx8&feature=plcp
All I can say dude is holy crap...Even when you were 10 years younger than me you were lightyears ahead...I am honestly kinda stunned by parts of this video.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:38 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Vulgaria...yes

One must first grasp the concept of a name before one can grasp the concept of SAROD.....

Post those vids guys!!!

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
9 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 621) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly