RE: Anyone have bands that they want to share ?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:54 pm
by MatGeorge • 90 Posts

Magical!! the violinist blew me away but everyone was awesome, that was great.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:26 pm
by Scottulus • 222 Posts

hahahah Yeah, that was damn awesome, Ashan! Very cool!

http://www.scottkerrmusic.com
http://www.youtube.com/Scottulus
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:45 am
by student • 146 Posts

Animals as Leaders with their first single off new album this year
http://audiour.com/pyopzv12

Don't listen to me
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:07 am
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

Hot mamas! This dude has hands down the absolute gnarliesst and unorthodox sarod that I have ever seen. This guy has some serious character! (and chops)

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Play Guitar better than Fred Durst?---Check

Play Guitar better than Lil' Wayne?---Check

Play Guitar better than Franz Listz?---

Last edited Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:10 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:48 am
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

Ha! I would be impressed to see anyone here at PB could play the "Ricing Force" solo this perfectly! Seems Just as good as mr ingwie.

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Play Guitar better than Fred Durst?---Check

Play Guitar better than Lil' Wayne?---Check

Play Guitar better than Franz Listz?---
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:22 pm
by Guitar Player • 83 Posts

This album is great. Truly fantastic music.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 am

Fellow posters.....This is the guitarist Dave Kilminister. He used to be a writer for The Guitar Techniques magazine over here in the UK back in the early 90's along with Guthrie Govan. He now plays guitar with Roger Waters. He is a video of him playing "For The Love Of God" by Steve Vai......This is a really outstanding video in my opinion.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:14 pm

I have a fantastic talk with Ursin on FB regarding many things about guitar playing and music in general. I mentioned Shawn Lane a couple of times to him. Shawn Lane was and is incredible. A true virtuoso on the gutar. Here is one of the songs his band The Willy's made called "One More Night"......Just listen to the guitar solo.....totally incredible.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Another monster player I really like James Byrd......incredible player.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:25 pm

One of John McLaughlin's albums. This album is really nice. In places the music very much reminds me of Steely Dan/Larry Carlton. The word genius is an understatement to describe John McLaughlin's playing and music. Enjoy!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:41 pm
by student • 146 Posts

I was a lucky lucky man in being able to see Holdsworth, Haslip, Husband perform over in Chicago last Thursday.
Words can't explain the state I was in, all of his songs had such a different feel to them live. I found a clip from the show on youtube and wanted to share.
After the show, I went over and sat in the bar to have a drink. Holdsworth and Haslip come into the bar and are sitting right across from me on the corner of the bar. I just about said something and then realized it is best to shut the hell up and listen to them. They were having fun. A few minutes later Holdsworth reached out and shook my hand. I spoke with them very briefly about why I like fusion music, where I was from, and my guitar playing(very brief/small conversation). I genuinely thanked them for playing. Just a great evening.

Last edited Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:43 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:50 pm
by student • 146 Posts

After Holdsworth, I asked the people at the table if there was any fusion on Friday. I was told no fusion, but jazz at the highest level with Steve Kuhn. I have not heard of Steve(shame on me). He was there with Billy Drummond and a local bass player filling in. I will admit I don't listen to a lot of straight up jazz, but Steve's shit really hits. One thing that took away slightly from the concert were some fucking dipshits sitting up front and thought appropriate behavior during a quiet jazz set, is to start having a conversation. They shut up real quick as everyone gave them the death stare. I really think that some people out there need to get punched, for their own benefit. Not joking on this, you tell them to be quiet they will, but then the next night same old shit. A good punch followed by the words "Shape Up" with solid eye contact and a solemn tone, may do the person wonders.

Last edited Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:56 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:27 am
by mr. gurgle (deleted)

Steve Kuhn was a new thing for me. Never heard of him before. The track was nice too, but I bet that if you play so dynamically live it is bound to reveal someone in the audience talking etc. Just one of those things that a 120 db rock band can hide from plain sight. I mean if you can't get them to stay quiet play so loud that they'll be deaf at the end of the night.

Here's a classy way to handle sudden interruptions.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:10 am
by student • 146 Posts

That killed me haha...bravo. The problem is I don't think most people understand the amount of effort it takes to be a musician. I know I didn't until I started coming here. Over the course of 2 years I came to the realization on the instant gratification sprectrum, music(for me anyway) is on the complete opposite end of say ..watching a movie. Learning math, computer languages, etc falls somewhere in the middle for me.

Don't listen to me
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:06 am
by telyn aur • 26 Posts

Quote: ashan wrote in post #20
just found this guy on youtube and thought i'd share the vid here.

yep he's spent some time in the woodshed.if he gets anymore laid back he'll fall asleep

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:15 am
by telyn aur • 26 Posts

Is this gypsie jazz ? he must live in a tough neighbourhood his axe has been sharpened .

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:05 am
by telyn aur • 26 Posts

From the album "outlander".worth a listen

Last edited Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:16 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:29 am
by telyn aur • 26 Posts

a scott living in canada.must be on the run

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:33 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Yes who is playing Irish Celtic music. I like McManus very much he is a gretas player. I have on insruction video from him. I beleive he worked with PRS for their acoustic line.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:30 am
by telyn aur • 26 Posts

Quote: Ray1981 wrote in post #69
Yes who is playing Irish Celtic music. I like McManus very much he is a gretas player. I have on insruction video from him. I beleive he worked with PRS for their acoustic line.

I agree he manages to produce some sweet tones.I wouldnt like to restring and tune that guitar mind.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
376 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 917) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly