YouTube www.youtube.com/ursinderoche
Facebook www.facebook.com/ursinderoche
Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

RE: Posting Videos

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:18 pm
by John567 • 156 Posts

Good Stuff!

... addicted to Dava... I don't know how to quit.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:33 pm
by John567 • 156 Posts

I still can't post any Youtube updates for some reason. So I moved the "h" in the link below.

I've been on Pebber's routine since Tue Jul 31, 2012.

Here's my yearly update:
h ttp://youtu.be/PBBG6LRoR1A

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:36 am
by Kyzik • 8 Posts

hey john about your first vid, what backing track and where to get tabs?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:50 pm
by John567 • 156 Posts

Hi Kyzik,

I was using Band In A Box (BIAB). I think of what scale I want to practice (F dorian) and pick the chord that goes with it (Fm7 - the II chord of Eb). Its not the greatest but it gives me instant backing tracks at what ever tempo I want. I can also export them as a sound file and put it on my ipod if I want.

I'd like to be able to make backing tracks like dlraben but I need more time and resources to do it. His stuff is pretty cool...

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:20 pm
by MatGeorge • 90 Posts

Update: havent stopped practicing, but havent been practicing enough. trying to get back on track with these exercises . Getting alright with this picking one so i should start using a metronome now i think to clean it up

ladder, having problems keeping the 1st and 2nd fingers controlled while doing this exercise.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:25 am
by ashan • 190 Posts

looking really good matgeorge! i have the same problem with the ladders you did. i was told to keep fretting 1st and 2nd fingers on a string while doing ladders on 3 and 4. this is really hard though!!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:12 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Great videos MatGeorge keep it up.

Quote: ashan wrote in post #332
i was told to keep fretting 1st and 2nd fingers on a string while doing ladders on 3 and 4. this is really hard though!!

I agree here with Ashan, this is a real good exercise to keep your finger 1 & 2 close to the string. Its a real recomendation but very tough.

Keep practicing dude nice to see again some videos from you

A lack of afford is a lack of result!
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:33 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

i keep fingers planted on all adds another depth

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:47 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi Mat!

Your videos about the neo-classical exercise and the ladders seem to be fine in terms of technique The only thing that jumped out at me right away was that you were not using a metronome or a backing track. In case you are interested, there are many free downloads of both.

My favorite metronome is called Weird Metronome, and can be found by doing a simple Google search. Pebber's got some free backing tracks under Guitar Lesson MP3/WAV Files, a sub-section of "Lesson PDF/MP3 Files."

Keep up the great work, Mat!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:56 pm
by MatGeorge • 90 Posts

thanks for the replies, and ill try that out! I havent been using a metronome recently because i havent been really serious when going to practice im going to start including that into my practicing.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:50 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Regarding Metronomes I love this app if you have a android device you'll be very happy to have this one. You can set it up to 10 ticks per Beat. You can creat every time signature you like. It is my best friend for about a year now.

Here's a link:

Metronoom Beats

Good luck

A lack of afford is a lack of result!
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:27 am
by MatGeorge • 90 Posts

Definitely will check that out thanks man.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:04 pm
by MatGeorge • 90 Posts

Fretting fingers 1 and 2 is pretty hard,,, so i started with just fretting the 1st finger for now,,

Started including a metronome at 75bpm on this exercise.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:33 pm
by ashan • 190 Posts

looking good so far mat! but the most important finger is the number 2!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:54 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Great job with the metronome! Really, the only thing I noticed was at times, I had a little bit of trouble hearing the second and/or third notes, because the first note (open string) was so heavily accented. Anyway, KEEP at it!

By the way, in case I haven't yet mentioned this, I just LOVE that SG (I own one, myself)!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:36 am
by MatGeorge • 90 Posts

Thanks Ashan and Adam, yea ive been practicing fretting fingers 1 and 2 now for a couple days, very difficult still. I was accenting the open a bit too much, just to for me to work with the metronome, but im guessing that isnt proper right?
Also my sg is only a low end epiphone but i still love it haha!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:32 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

you clicl on "Link Einfugen"

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:51 am
by MatGeorge • 90 Posts

Thanks Pebber, though Ray helped me with the problem, I should have read the sticky .

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:57 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Quote: MatGeorge wrote in post #342
I was accenting the open a bit too much, just to for me to work with the metronome, but im guessing that isnt proper right?

Hi Mat,

Actually, accenting the open note like that can certainly be proper! We just need to make sure the other notes are heard, as well. You know, I often catch myself doing the same thing, so what I will do is start accenting the second note for an entire cycle (back & forth across fretboard + up & down the neck), then accent the 3rd note for an entire cycle, and then finally try to do a cycle with each note sounding equal in terms of volume/intensity.

This is what I LOVE about this Forum - The ability for all of us to come together and discover that what we may think is NOT "proper" may actually be OK, taken in a certain context. Mat, you are doing just fine, my friend...KEEP AT IT!!!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:05 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Quote: Adam wrote in post #345
This is what I LOVE about this Forum - The ability for all of us to come together and discover that what we may think is NOT "proper" may actually be OK, taken in a certain context. Mat, you are doing just fine, my friend...KEEP AT IT!!!

True Adam thats what I like as well. I think there must have been a lot of people 30 years ago playing in there room like most of us doing trying to learn stuff with Leonard Hall books (nothing wrong with them) and thought they need to do certain things a certain way but there are many possibilties to do something right. Having forums like this forum is a huge help just by communicating with eachother, share opinions, thoughts and ways to practice.

I really like here, specially these days now the forum has become a bit more alive.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:40 am
by MatGeorge • 90 Posts

I see Adam,, thanks ! and yea totally agree this forum has helped me quite a bit,, and ive only uploaded a few videos for critique, very useful being able to take in ideas from a variety of different guitarists here. So pissed though I got a nasty cut on my index right at the joint on my picking hand..... havent been able able to grip a pick in almost 2 weeks. I've still been practicing trills, and ladder exercises though :)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:22 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Thats fucked up MatGeorge! The spiders are maybe good to do now as well, you dont need a pick for those.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:28 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

know how yo feel mat.. i've done some carazy shit to my left shoulder think it is exercise related but i never rested and kept pushing weights and such now had a week away from using left arm on guitar and its killing me yes i can get plenty of picking in... but feel i'm gonna need to run through spiders and trills again. to build up strenth.
feels like it may be frozen shoulder or some sort of rotor cuff injury ... heres to getting back to it soon

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:35 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Quote: MatGeorge wrote in post #347
I see Adam,, thanks ! and yea totally agree this forum has helped me quite a bit,, and ive only uploaded a few videos for critique, very useful being able to take in ideas from a variety of different guitarists here.
You are very welcome, MatGeorge! I am grateful when Forum Members post videos like yours, because I often learn things about my own playing and technique when watching and critiquing videos by my fellow Members. Hey, if we were all "know-it-alls," then we wouldn't be here trying to learn and improve our playing, right?

Quote: MatGeorge wrote in post #347
So pissed though I got a nasty cut on my index right at the joint on my picking hand..... havent been able able to grip a pick in almost 2 weeks. I've still been practicing trills, and ladder exercises though :)
Hope that cut healed!

Quote: deltadiscos wrote in post #349
...i've done some carazy shit to my left shoulder think it is exercise related but i never rested and kept pushing weights and such now had a week away from using left arm on guitar and its killing me yes i can get plenty of picking in... but feel i'm gonna need to run through spiders and trills again. to build up strenth.
feels like it may be frozen shoulder or some sort of rotor cuff injury ... heres to getting back to it soon

Hey Deltadiscos! I hope your shoulder is feeling better these days, and like me, it looks like you learned that certain injuries/pain require us to completely stop playing to allow for maximum healing and recovery. I know I definitely learned that the hard way.

Thanks for sharing, Guys!!!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
234 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly