Pebberbrown Youtube, where to start?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:20 am
by bigproblem01 • 4 Posts

Hello everyone!

I recently came across pebberbrown video on youtube and really liked his teaching style. I would really love to practice along with him everyday. So my question here is which videos should I start from? there are a lot of them uploaded and I'm not sure where to begin and how to progress. I'll post a short background of mine to help you better advise me :P

I'm a self-taught guitar player. I was mainly playing cover song then got bored and decided to study some music theory but couldn't really bring myself to it properly since I didn't have any direction or learning plan so I ended up not playing the guitar for the past 2 years or smth. But I really wanna hone my guitar playing and was recently looking for a good practice approach. Then I found pebberbrown and thought I'd give his videos a try since I loved them very much.

Please tell me where should I start from so that I can grow theoretically as well as practically and have a clearly defined learning plan (so that i can practice everyday)

Thanks everyone in advance!

P.S. I do apologize if this has been asked before but when I searched the forum before posting, I could not find anything similar.

Scroll up

RE: Pebberbrown Youtube, where to start?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:16 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdoz16LRz...C2964E&index=24

Great video to get started on Every day

add trills and spiders to this

http://www.youtube.com/user/pebberbrown/featured

theory class in real time there area couple more of those on Pebbers channel

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:56 am
by ScalpelStudent • 9 Posts

I personally like to wake up and put on Module 1 Practical. But the question is, how bad do you suck? :)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 pm
by RockyRacoon • 3 Posts

I'm the same way....start with loosening up and doing chromatic scales...the picking exercises...as a beginner then I do chords. That takes a good hour and the time sure flys. It's only been a year and getting to the intermediate stage was tough. Hit a wall found something to keep me going. Lack of one on one instructin can be a beathc sometimes but it is clearly slow and steady slow and steady to make progress at least for me and being 57 I am impatient like I can't get 40 years of playing done in a week a month or whatever but closing the gap....IF I practice just one hour a day everyday I figure in about 2 more years I will start to look to playing with others and not get to chocked on it. Acoustic at this point still probably a long time on my budget. I can make alot of the same sounds as electric just not sustain. I think the longer I stay on acoustic the stronger my fingers will be whenever I make a transition. Lot's of second hand gitars on sale out there. I think they go on sale once people get passed the first position...That is where I was at until lately. But stick it out. Inspiration will come from somewhere. I fantisize if I won the lottery I would move next door to PB and take lessons everyday from him. Can't get from even the so called Conservatory of Music ( i'm in Canada) what PB gives-I try to tell my teachers that and out comes the cookie cutter. ARRGhhh so I stopped paying them I will go back and do the exam for grade 2 when I am ready that is all they are good for is creds.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:37 am
by bigproblem01 • 4 Posts

Thanks for the response guys, I've already seen daily practice - module 1 - part 1 and i'll check out the theory : )
I thought maybe there are like videos which progress on a certain topic, so you would go:
daily practice module 1 - part 1 >>> for 2 weeks
General theory (or smth) >>> for 2 weeks
Then you move onto:
daily practice module 1 - part 2 >>> for 2. weeks
chromatic scale part 1 >>> for 2 weeks
then you move on some others
etc.
Like not only what to practice everyday but how to start from a and go to certain z in a certain topic.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
158 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 344) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly