PickiHng Technique - Change Strings

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:39 am
by Oliver • 4 Posts

Hello Pepperbrown and PB-Community,

I have a question about the right hand...I am pretty much starting doing these daily practices...I am doing the Picking Exercise on each

String...you know, the one where you do alternative picking(sarod style) on string until fingers turn blue and go numb.

My Question is when you do e.g. scales and you don't just stay on one string or something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQhoxSfbb...C2964E&index=28 at 0:00:55

Where your right hand goes up and down, playing 1,2,3, 4,...notes on each string.

...is the right hand not touching the strings at all? do you have some kind of pivot?

when i do this my pinky and ringfiner sometimes touche the high strings, when i do play the lower ones(Low E, A)...is that ok?

Do you move your whole hand up, or is it like your hand lies on the bridge and this pivot point stays the same and you just turn the

angle of the fingers to the string?

I would like to show it...does pepperbrown look at clips when you send him some and tells you what you do wrong?

Last edited Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:41 am | Scroll up

RE: PickiHng Technique - Change Strings

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:50 am
by AceLuby • 63 Posts

When I do it the right hand is not touching the strings at all. It floats above the strings in a nice little fist. Anchoring can be ok if you work through it, however, I find that if you get over it you can progress faster by keeping the right hand pretty tight and focusing on the sarod and scalpel picking methods, even when changing strings. The key is to get the technique you want down at a very SLOW speed and work your way up.

If you want I'd suggest creating a clip of what you're doing, post it to youtube, and then post the link in this thread. Pebber might not get to it, but there's lots of great players (not me btw... ;) on this forum that can help you w/ your technique and what to practice.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:06 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

I do not touch the strings with Sarod. Only if I am trying to mute the strings....otherwise I am as clean as possible.....touching only with the pick. I would think you would only want to touch the strings...
1) to mute
2) dampen string noise...ala...playing incredibly loud...

My thoughts...

Merry Christmas

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:12 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

If you cant spell my name properly that means you are NOT paying attention and are lazy.
correct it or get kicked out of here.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 23 (yesterday 452) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: