Module 4 questions

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:52 pm
by pinkmoonman • 14 Posts

this video is a little long, and i do believe i repeat myself, nor am i sure you guys have all the answers to all of these questions about module four, though maybe some of you will.

-cheers, from the warm lands of a pink moon

Last edited Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:54 pm | Scroll up

RE: Module 4 questions

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:11 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Hey man,

This video is awesome. Brainstorming and trying to figure stuff out is how you improve, so keep that up!

Pebber's Daily Practice Routine contains everything you need to become a master of the instrument. Therefore there are things listed there that you won't understand at first. These questions are all good, and your trying to figure out what the titles mean and coming up with exercises is incredible. That's how you'll invent your own technique, style, and sound.

I don't have most of those answers because I haven't progressed that far in module 4 yet.

Don't worry about rambling, it's cool. And messing with Pebber is damned funny. Keep after it. LOL

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:42 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Dude you picked up a later chapter in an advanced Calculus book without taking Arithmetic, Geometry and Algebra first. All of your inquiries have many months of prerequisite knowledge!

Chord scales are the basis of ALL MODERN HARMONY - Major, Minor and Modal. Do you know all your major scales in all 15 keys, all the intervals in all 15 keys, all the triads in all 15 keys and their function? What is a vi ii V i progression in Ab major? What is an inversion? A chord scale is a scale made out of chords - but what chords and how do you derive which ones to use?

You cant just pickup MODULE 4 with no background whatsoever - that is why there is MODE ONE TWO AND THREE - way before anyone gets to module 4. Did you complete MODULE ONE first? Yeah? Show us THAT. Make a video of you playing all the exercises in MODULE 1. Lets see that first!

Last edited Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:48 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:36 am
by pinkmoonman • 14 Posts

thats right on the dot pebber, i've been getting ahead of myself. I need to master the first few modules before i can truly practice the more advanced.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:10 pm
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Quote: pebberbrown wrote in post #3
Dude you picked up a later chapter in an advanced Calculus book without taking Arithmetic, Geometry and Algebra first.

Man, that's really well said.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi Connor!

So, your "self-critique" was spot-on. You know what you need to do to tighten up the video length & editing (I go into much greater detail about this in my responses to some of your other videos on the Forum).

Really no need to say this, but Pebber is absolutely right. Now, I LOVE the fact that you are challenging yourself. I still do it to this day! However, we need to recognize when we are "putting the cart before the horse," if you know what I mean. If I'm lost, confused, and/or have lots of questions, then that is a clear indication to me that I need to take a few steps back.

KEEP THOSE VIDEOS COMING....ROCK ON, CONNOR!!!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:32 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

DOT!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
20 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 109) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly