Abusive Trolls on You Tube

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu May 31, 2012 11:51 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

OK guys - schools almost out now (it is already for college students) and so the Trolls are abundantly creeping in. Now they are all flaming on me because I "DONT" talk about Buckethead! One guy said I am a selfish asshole because I DIDNT make a video talking about what it was like to teach Buckethead!!! For the record - Buckethead was only ONE guy who I taught out of thousands and thousands. There are many who are pros now and even more who have gone on to Musicians Institute, Berklee and other Music Schools. Thats the real source of my satisfaction - not Buckethead.

Scroll up

RE: Abusive Trolls on You Tube

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:29 am
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Bucket who??

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:03 am
by Slashiepie • 118 Posts

Zitat
One guy said I am a selfish asshole because I DIDNT make a video talking about what it was like to teach Buckethead!!!

Lmao because 500 videos of what he practiced isn't enough.

I can't even imagine what a guy like Tom Hess and his marketing bullshit machine would conjure if he had taught Buckethead, oh boy how many thousands of easy dollars he would charge for "super elite private secret" lessons.. or some shit like that.

Last edited Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:08 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:21 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

I found the bucketed one's music through Pebber not the other way round so not bothered..

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:07 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

When it comes to technique...(at least based on the PB vids that I have seen) I dont get the impression that Bucketheads technique is really all that dissimilar from Pebber's. It is different stylistically and asthetically (as it MUST be for any two different people) but mechanically, I don't perceive his picking/fretting technique to be anything that cannot be opined from watching any of the HUNDREDS of free PB vids on the tube. Pebber try not to get frustrated w/ the Utube trolls...they are just still musically very immature (truth be told I am starting to realize that I am as well)...They want a fix so that they can shred like Buckethead & get attention from their troll friends....Unfortunately I dont think that this kind of motivation is strong enough to get one through the many attrition cycles of practicing guitar that becoming a lord of music requires....The trolls dont realize all the good that PB does for free (those utube vids didnt get there by themselves)...But also maybe PB doesnt fully realize it either, B/c last time I checked those vids are still free (-:

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:18 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

Futhermore...I would like to end my diatribe by pointing out that Buckethead is a professional musician...NOT a guitar teacher like Pebber, And last time I checked Buckethead doesnt really make few (if any) detailed FREE instruction vids like PB...so the tube trolls need to 1.) stop BITCHING, 2.) watch some free PB vids, 3.) practice their troll hearts out of what they learn from the vids. and 4.) learn to be happy with whatever guitar skills/talents that they then have..../end diatribe

Last edited Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:19 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Oh yeah probably so!~ Well... the kiddie trolls are getting impatient - I am getting blasted in an increasing ratio... and yet.... wait about a week for the HIGH SCHOOLS all to get out for summer and then in 2 weeks all the MIDDLE SCHOOLS will be out!!! AS Ursin says "Its TROLL SEASON!!!!" Now today I am getting blasted by someone who sent a video to me and I was quite unimpressed and bored with it and so I said so - lo and behold - little TROLL blasted me back and INVITED his little wanker troll buddies all to pipe in!!! The problem is - These little buttfux clowns spend WAY too much time on stupid meaningless meandering bullshit and no time actually practicing! Well its 1:57 pm and I start teaching at 4:00 up at the music store so I have 2hrs - TIME TO MAKE A VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha
Today will be on part 2 of module 2 in the old daily practice from 3-15-11. There are new daily practice pages in development based on a few corrections and re-thinking over a broader perspective.... stay put stay tuned!!! TROLL SEASON!!!!!!!! arrrrh!!!!!!!

Last edited Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:00 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:58 pm
by ferretwraith • 14 Posts

I just want to reinforce the concept that what these people do is 100% trolling and nothing more.

Anyone who has ever truly wanted to "play like buckethead" realizes that Pebber Brown's youtube channel is a Mother.Fucking.Miracle. -- and probably at least considered literally thanking God that their search lead to more than painfully incorrect Jordan tabs.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Oh they are coming out in droves now.... The college kids are all trolling now.... it wont be long before the high school and middle school morons all start up their trolling.... I get nasty comments trolled on to my youtube pages on an HOURLY basis and now they are starting with FACEBOOK! I dont even bother to check MySpace any longer I lost interest completely in that... The Buckethead BOTS are all semi-cool and OK (with several real assholes out there whining about nonsense and crap) but where I get the most harassment is from Paul Gilbert freaks!!! They cant seem to acknowledge that Buckethead may have spent time taking lessons from anyone else!!!!!
The most irritating trolls are the fux who think they know a lot about music theory. That crowd argues to no end and they waste HOURS of time doing it - and still they are all wrong!!!!! The most trolling seems to come from the fuckin idiot wannabe players who dont even KNOW what practicing is all about and they complain that my FREE videos are "too long" and "boring." Yeah - what is it called" "Attention Deficit Disorder?" HA!!!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:58 am

I guess people are just getting harassed non stop by everything - everywhere these days. Today I had a note from the music store to call someone who inquired about lessons (female name). I called - a man answered. I asked to speak to (first name and last name that was on the note). He raised his voice and started YELLING at me "IS THIS A TELEMARKETING CALL?" - I said calmly "no its not".
he started yelling even LOUDER - "HEY PAL WE ARE ON THE DO NOT CALL LIST I WANT THE NAME OF YOUR COMPANY AND THE ADDRESS"
I said "Whoa hey look dude I am not a telemaketer - I am returning a call to someone who inquired about guitar lessons!" He then SLAMMED the phone down on the table (I could feel it!) and YELLED across the room "PHONE CALL!!!" I heard a woman in the back ground "Who is it?" He YELLED AGAIN "I DONT KNOW ITS YOUR FUCKIN GUITAR GUY!" She picked up the phone and in a rattled tone of voice asked me about guitar lessons. Shit man is the whole WORLD being Harassed so much by telemarketers these days that everyone HAS to be a fuckin asshole when you answer the phone??!!!!
SO ARE TELEMARKETERS a FORM OF TROLLS?
I get these "Automatic" telemarketing messages constantly - so much it eats up minutes on my cell phone time.....Cant seem to put any kind of stop to it - Press 3 to opt out, and then you get 50 more added calls that week!!!!

Last edited Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:01 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:34 am
by dave86uk • 34 Posts

You probably already know this pebber but Ill type it anyway trolls just type dumb crap on the internet to get a reaction out of people I see it happening more and more over the past few years its as if they sit there all day just typing crap on the net just to try and wind someone up "for the lulz".

Like you say in a few of your videos people are just getting dumber and dumber (not that Im so smart myself lol) I can understand you getting annoyed with people asking about BH for years what they should do is not concentrate on him but just enjoy the music he puts out and if they wana play like him just concentrate on your videos. If it wasn't for BH I might never have found your videos and website someone from youtube was kind enough to link me to your channel back in august last year.

@Slashiepie I agree man

Last edited Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:48 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:27 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Zitat von FRaKh
Bucket who??

Buckethead? I didn't know who you guys were talking about so I looked up "buckethead" on urbandictionary.com and found

In the 1980's, a Church's Fried Chicken commercial coined the phrase, "Don't be a buckethead". This was meant to be a negative connotation since KFC's chicken came in a characteristic "bucket".

So, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Are you eating too much fried chicken? That's bad for blood pressure.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:59 pm

AHH yes the trolls are getting out of school now and are pissed because mommy didnt fold up their laundry and put it away for them -
heres one from today!! (Under Chromatic Practice Techniques)
Feel free to Troll BOMB any one of these little fools you may have some fun!

"Where are all the greate guitar players using your techniquie ? In the Old home stil working on there techniquie ?

hamaars 5 hours ago"

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:14 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

I'm literally laughing out loud. Did you make this one up? Holy shit...I gotta go look for myself. No frickin way dude.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:18 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

I had to reply. I couldn't stop myself. I told him we were locked in slave quarters crying for Stalin to save us.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:31 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

P.S.

Pebber has a lot of success stories. Brian is just one of them. Of course, he's the one you see the most. A lot of us are serious working musicians.

For instance, Frakh is an amazing player. Technique for days. Sarod picking? One of the best I've seen.

I have worked with Liv Tyler, I have been covered in many local and regional magazines. I was in an issue of Jason Macedo's "The Sound" guitar magazine...it was the one with Jason Becker on the front. I'm endorsed by Music Man guitars, Ernie Ball strings, INTEX guitar cable, and Eventide effects. I teach and I play regionally and make a living playing music. I have quotes in my press kit from guys who are signed to Vai's label and guys in Symphony X. I teach right down the hall from Randy Jackson's older brother Herman who is a drummer...an amazing drummer.

There's 2 success stories right there. Love Brian, but Pebber has taught tons of people who work in the industry.

Here is me playing last year with my 80's metal covers band.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:26 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

I have been trying to post on youtube...but keep getting an error...:(
Ill try again later....

Thanx Ursin!
you know...in the morning after soaking my dentures and applying P-H to my hemorrhoids.....because we are in the old folks home.....I practice my ars off until i have to take my morning nap. :)

Where is that Bolide??????

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Last edited Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:27 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:42 am

Ohh here we go again!!! CLASSIC TROLL! They always HAVE to get the LAST WORD IN!!! Hee's Hamaars response in Chromatic Practice Techniques. HE really shows his colors and extreme lack of knowledge:

"Dude ! I do not doubt that this guy have some gifted students, But the tecniquie this guy is teaching, Is useless and very time consuming. Why not just use the time to practise something usefull ? The best guitarplayers in the world, dont play like this, And they play both fast and clean... So whats the point of this ?"

hamaars

This is a real eye opener for me because it means that what I have been doing for the past 38 or so years is USELESS and TIME CONSUMING!!! Everyone I have taught - I have been giving them useless and time consuming information and NO ONE gets any better!!!! OMG!!!!! Maybe I should recant my whole teaching system since its ALL based on Useless and Time Consuming DISINFORMATION!!!!!!!!

Last edited Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:46 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:00 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Wow...I'm literally laughing out loud again! Literally. These kids have nothing better to do?

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:08 am

Well its like you can watch 2 guys fight - one is a Martial Arts master who has been steadfastly pacticing his skills for 40 years and the other guy just swings randomly and brawls like an out of control wildman. Both guys can fight thats for sure. Take your pick which one you want to learn from!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:09 am
by uderoche (deleted)

PB, check your email. I figured out what happened with the Chromatic Techniques video and the rise in trolling of said video.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:11 am

Its not that they have nothing "better" to do - take that word out! They all have NOTHING period. Not "better" or "to do!" They dont grasp what "to do" even is! They all just have pure NOTHING. There are SOOO MANY of them put there too! It shows me how poorly parents raise their kids and how society is pretty much based on he dumbness factor of our young teens.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Well its been about 24 hours now and it seems that that Laurie Monk thing has brought out lots of little trolls in droves....
So many idiots think they KNOW something and they know NOTHING!!!!! Fuck man it boggles the mind as to how really fuckin stupid these morons really are!! Oh well its almost time to BLOCK USER/REMOVE --- again!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:23 pm
by Slashiepie • 118 Posts

Last year they purposely changed your name on Bucketheads Wiki to Pepper Brown..
why do i know it ? because i changed it back to Pebber 2 times XD..

You guys realize these posts are actually inciting more trolling right?
Think of it as a zoo visit, you do not feed the animals!

Well.. rule number 2 of the internet: Do not FEED the Trolls!

Last edited Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:26 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Yeah they fuck with that Wiki thing all the time. Endlessly!
Someone should go in there and change it so that he took
lessons from Billbin Bananaflex on guitar and Richard Uranus on bass.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 96 (yesterday 452) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: