sarod picking

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:32 pm
by ashan • 190 Posts

?
guys i'm focusing on practicing sarod picking. am i doing it right here? after i get the motion right and comfortable i will try and bring the right hand palm closer to the bridge so i can actually use this with other picking styles i use.

Scroll up

RE: sarod picking

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:28 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

hard to pick up on this video maybe try some diferent angles so we can see full rotation.
nice picking though ashan sound pretty clean to me. great idea to practice on the acoustic to.

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word

Last edited Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:28 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:33 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Silly question maybe but why acoustic guitar is better to practice? Is playing acoustic more dificult?

Thanks in advance

Grtz Ray

A lack of afford is a lack of result!
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:50 am
by ashan • 190 Posts

i've played a few guitars but nothing has been close to the playability of a yamaha CPX500ii ray. you should definitely check one out, they've even released a cpxiii recently. i love how easy the neck is.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:56 am
by ashan • 190 Posts

thanks so much delta i'm going to keep posting more videos

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:57 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Hey Ashan almost only play on a Acoustic I own several Taylors they are wonderfull as well specially regarding playability but the sound and look are realy wonderfull too.

But whenever I have a chance I'll follow your advise.

A lack of afford is a lack of result!
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:48 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Quote: ashan wrote in post #4
i've played a few guitars but nothing has been close to the playability of a yamaha CPX500ii ray. you should definitely check one out, they've even released a cpxiii recently. i love how easy the neck is.

WOW! I have a Yamaha APX500ii, and it is by far the best acoustic I have ever played. I received it as a gift, so I would have preferred the CPX500ii, like you have, only because the CPX body is a bit larger (I'm a big dude).

OK, so getting back to the topic at hand,,,SAROD PICKING: I watched your video about 10 times, and your wrist motion looks good. Sarod picking consists of "shaking" the wrist, keeping the picking-hand thumb stiff, but the motion is fluid and relaxed. Hopefully, Pebber will have a chance to check this out and share his thoughts, as well. Keep it up, Ashan!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
15 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly