Class2020, June, thoughts and troubles

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun May 24, 2020 8:57 am
by McFly • 42 Posts

The place for whatever you feel like talking about regarding our guitar adventures and frustration
during the next month...

Scroll up

RE: Class2020, June, thoughts and troubles

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:22 am
by McFly • 42 Posts

Often you find people saying that if you do the exercises you get better at doing exercises and not at "playing" the guitar. While the first part is most certainly true I have found (and kind of expected, to be honest, when placing my trust in Pebber's knowledge, advice and the message he conveys through his videos) is that you get better at whatever you were "playing" before engaging in the exercises in a structured and disciplined manner. And the best thing is, you get better at it even without explicitly practicing it. It is just your technical level getting better enabling you to play things from "before" either faster or cleaner, or both in fact ( this does not mean that we should never learn/practice our licks, riffs or whatever we feel like playing )

If you think this sounds foolish, take some lick or something you "play" (and probably you did try something other
than just exercises at some point ) record yourself or make note of the speed at which you can do it cleanly
and then just do the exercises (spiders, ladder, trills,chromatic, picking). After a month, you try the same lick
and I am pretty sure you will find you got better at it although you have not practiced it during that time.

Of course the more time you devote to your practice the better and/or faster the progress will be but even 30-40 minutes a day on the above exercises (BUT EVERY DAY) makes a difference.

And that should really motivate you to stick to your daily practice routine. :)

Cheers

Scroll up

RE: Class2020, June, thoughts and troubles

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:57 pm
by Cleudi Martins • 24 Posts

That's very true. A routine is the best way to improve faster and in a "measurable" way. Without a good practice routine we get stuck very easily, and that's my sin from several years. From time to time I try to stick to a schedule, I've been coming back more serious these days (again, lol).

Hopefully I can advance in the way that I intend to.

That's great advice, McFly.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
848 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly