RhythmGuitar

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:54 am
by WarLife • 2 Posts

Hey People,
I am really improving my lead skills through pebbers scale, arpeggios,chromatic and picking courses.But I feel kind of stuck in rhythm guitar. have adequate chord knowledge.but I am not able to improve my rhythm skills ..both with pick and with finger picking...how do I come up with new rhythms..can you please suggest me a drill to improve.

Scroll up

RE: RhythmGuitar

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:06 pm
by Cleudi Martins • 24 Posts

Start with the basic strumming patterns and finger picking patterns and gradually move the difficult up a bit each week or every time you feel comfortable with your skills.

Here's a great lesson from Pebber, it's really good and you'll get a good knowledge on strumming patterns and some of the history behind it: search on YouTube Strumming Concepts part 1 (couldn't post the link).

If you like Jazz/big bands, that's a treat. I love this video.

If you need anything else, keep us posted.

Ah, and one more thing, if you can, try to practice with a metronome, it's really important to develop good timing - it's essencial to become a good rhythm guitar player (and to become a good musician, to be honest).

See ya, man.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
485 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly