Quick Hi, from McFly

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:15 am
by McFly • 42 Posts

Just to say hi to everybody.
My name is Silvije, 40 years old, from Croatia. And I suck at guitar 😊

Been watching Pebber’s videos again for a couple of months now taking bits and pieces from his treasure trove of wisdom, and laughing constantly watching his videos so even when I can’t practice it just cheers me up watching his youtube stuff 😊

Been playing (trying to play) on and off for 7-8 years with great oscillations in practice time (30-90 mins) and big time gaps without any practice for various reasons.

Recently I can find 45-60 mins 4-5 days a week so trying at it again , incorporating some classical form, chromatics, ladders, spiders, scale sequence, scalpel exercises, you all know the drill, right? And if too tired (as my daughter often doesn’t allow for much sleep time) I learn some basic theory (being a theoretical physicist tends to push one in this direction eventually 😊 ), chord construction, scale stuff, knowing your upper tetrachords to distinguish minor scales and stuff like that.

Where will it take me and how long before the next big break from practice, don’t know and don’t care, as long as my practice spells bring joy. Hopefully, I will suck less and less as time goes by 😊

To paraphrase Del Trotter from excellent British comedy Only fools and horses, this time next year (decade) I might be half-decent at playing some basic guitar 😊

Cheers

Scroll up

RE: Quick Hi, from McFly

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:53 pm
by kylesimmons • 4 Posts

Hey McFly,

Hello from Houston, Texas. I agree with you on the Pebber videos. Not only informative but entertaining as well. He tells it like it is.

Anyway, let's keep practicing or we're going to suck forerver.

Keep on keepin' on!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 325 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: