RE: The Dude from Indiana

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:45 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

You didnt get the joke - we werent EVEN talking about you in Italy my friend - not even close. The guy we were talking lives in INdiana and thats what it was about.

Scroll up

RE: The Dude from Indiana

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:57 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

THis is the guy we are talking about not YOU!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENA9Eiizvy0&feature=related

Scroll up

RE: Music Software Popularity Index - 2009 Q4

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:57 am
by SwampRiverMan • 27 Posts

I like garageband too for recording like in the old direct to tape way. But trying to use loops for creating songs is a pain.
Changing chords using the system is very un user friendly. Band in the box is much nicer for this type of thing.
Although garageband loops sound great. Anyone know and easy way to create a I IV V progression with garageband loops?

Scroll up

RE: Music Software Popularity Index - 2009 Q4

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:34 am
by Slashiepie • 118 Posts

Regarding MP3 and WAVS
I hear a difference when working with Studio Monitors at higher Volumes,
the sound is somehow "richer" or "fuller" but i would hardly tell a difference if its a high quality compressed MP3
my vulgars ears will not complain :) - as long as the mastering was done properly -

As for DAW´s I really recommend Ableton to any guitarrist I know, why?
It is so simple to set up and so simple to use, that all you need is a couple clicks and youre ready to go.
With a couple tweaks and clicks and you have your track ready and armed and you can record so quickly and export a song that I could hardly believe it all could be so easy.

Great piece of software!
There is nothing I hate more than having to stop in the middle of inspiration
to figure out why some shit is not working properly, kills the mood and makes me want to punch the computer screen.
Ableton rarely gives me such crap, most devides (drum pads, keyboards , are recognized instantly and can be used right away)

Logic and Pro Tools are definetly great, but more oriented towards those professional audio enginers that will work with them day and night :P , I dont like configuring stuff for hours ergo I stay away from them.

Last edited Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:48 am | Scroll up

Ableton Recording

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:28 pm
by jvieira72 • 21 Posts

Hey guys I have the latest version of Ableton live that I'm slowly learning. I'm a visual artist so audio software is all new to me. I want to record my practices and have some jam tracks to play along with. Do you recommend I learn to make my own jam tracks or start off with some prerecorded stuff? And if I use prerecorded do you guys have any recommendations of where to look? Thanks in advance for any info.

Scroll up

RE: Ableton Recording

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:39 am
by AceLuby • 63 Posts

a

Quote: jvieira72 wrote in post #30
Hey guys I have the latest version of Ableton live that I'm slowly learning. I'm a visual artist so audio software is all new to me. I want to record my practices and have some jam tracks to play along with. Do you recommend I learn to make my own jam tracks or start off with some prerecorded stuff? And if I use prerecorded do you guys have any recommendations of where to look? Thanks in advance for any info.

Start w/ Pebber's jam tracks on a single chord. In Live you can grab 8 or 16 bars and loop them forever if you want, just crop the sample and play it in session mode. You can record yourself on another track. If you have some delay just mute the track you're recording to and go back later to edit it to fit the backing track again. Once you're comfortable w/ the software doing these simple things of playing a track and recording you should start looking to build your own single chord tracks. Create or use a drum loop, create a synth bass line (can just be one note), then add some pads, keys, and/or guitar chords and Bam! you just made your first jam track. Live really makes it simple, if you have questions feel free to ask me, I've been using Live in a live situation for two years now and am very comfortable w/ the software.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:07 pm
by jvieira72 • 21 Posts

Awesome. Thanks for the info and I'll give it a tray this weekend.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:53 am
by Slashiepie • 118 Posts

+1 to Aces post.
I cannot recommend Ableton highly enough, for creative purposes nothing beats it.
I recommend you to go into live preferences, record/warp/launch and set the count-in to 2 bars (or anything other than none, else the recording will start immediately after you click the buton with no count-in, i remember this driving me nuts for months when i was a noob)

Open multiple tracks in session view and record tracks vertically.. take your time understanding how scenes work and are launched and you will open endless creative possibilities since you will no longer be confined by the horizontal way tracks are usually handled.
It takes time, but it is worth the effort.

@Ace
Familiar with touchable already? i ditched my korg pad kontrol and sl mkii keyboard and got one... im never looking back on hardware controllers, the same goes for most guitar amps, sims like Guitar Rig 5 are simply getting way too good, as for drums the samples nowadays are even better than the real stuff.. imo all the old studio gear is pretty much close to death.. getting an expensive daw controller or a mixing console has just become ludicrous: just watch what an ipad and an app can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELivdvySUm0

Last edited Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:01 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:12 am
by AceLuby • 63 Posts

I'm familiar w/ touchable, however there are many things left to be desired IMO compared to the HW alternative. Touch sensitivity is the biggest thing, you simply can't get the feel of a keyboard or live like hits of a drum w/ software. If I was only doing studio it would be one thing, but because I need it to work live as well I need to have the tangible hardware, nobody wants to see me play an ipad on stage. As far as guitar amp sims, I'm still not sold on them over micing a nice tube amp yet. Yes, they have gotten better, but they are nowhere near ready to be used as a studio alternative and definitely not ready for live use IMO. It's the little things like controlling distortion w/ the volume on the guitar and pick attack that are lost in the sims. The only 'sim' I've seen that can accomplish that is the new Mustang series amps from Fender. Very good modelling with those amps which leads me to believe they are getting closer.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 47 (yesterday 452) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: