Acoustic Only?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:23 am
by bobbycheetah • 4 Posts

Hello, I'm new here and have enjoyed reading the various posts from everyone. I stumbled upon PB a short while ago while googling something related to playing guitar and I've been hooked since! I do have an electric guitar, but I've been playing my acoustic 99% of the time. I'm trying to practice the classical technique, but finding it difficult to find a comfortable position to play in. I know that the guitar is supposed to rest on the LEFT leg with the neck pointing more upwards to allow a straighter/more comfortable wrist/hand position. Do I have to sit at a certain height and then get something (box, phone book, etc.) to prop up my left leg? Even if i'm only practicing chords, or picking exercises, is there a comfortable position to sit, to allow for longer practicing? Thanks!

Scroll up

RE: Acoustic Only?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:13 pm
by telyn aur • 26 Posts

Welcome bobbycheetah.Comfort is very important and its individual.I hold the guitar the same way sitting or standing.I prefer the guitar high on my chest hanging from a strap.This way it rests nicely on my big belly and the fretboard is tilted upwards slightly which enables me to see more of it.I like it pointing 2 oclock.

Scroll up

RE: Acoustic Only?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:51 pm
by scooterleg • 2 Posts

I struggled with holding a comfortable position with guitar for a long long time. They all want to slip off the leg or not sit right where I want it. Then Pebber stated in one of his basic lesson vid's to use a strap, always use a strap. It positions the instrument the same way you want it every time. works like a charm. BTW - Thanks Pebber - for that tip.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
700 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 917) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly