Warning: Real Beginner here!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:03 pm
by Vin Tekiel • 8 Posts

Hi everyone,

Just registered! Yeah!! I'm a real beginner, started a year ago just following along my 8 years old guitar lesson. I've been looking for online lesson and finally stumble on this website. I started practising my right hand picking (1 hour a day) 2 weeks ago, and added left hand exercise (adding another hour a day) a week ago on top of the 30 minutes playing with my son to go along with his lesson. I wanted to start payed lesson right away, but had to wait to get access to the forum to ask a simple question. Does someone like me (again, real beginner, does not know anything about music theory, or guitar) should start right away with those lessons, or is it for a more advance player (someone who actually own a guitar and kind of know how to use it)?

Yes, I don't even own a guitar for now, I've been borrowing one, but I really want to get one soon, but that would be the subject of another thread.

Thank you for any help,

Vin (out), yeah, I've been watching PB videos on youtube :)

Scroll up

RE: Warning: Real Beginner here!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:41 am
by fleco • 7 Posts

Hi Vin,
To answer your question yes. I was a beginner on the guitar when I came across Pebbers lesson videos. When you sign up for Pebbers online classes he will send you beginner material. Pebber goes through everything with detail, and the videos are play along. Totally worth it. Also everyone on here will be very helpful with your process. I hope this helps answer your question. Enjoy!

Last edited Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:45 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:33 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

I Agree with Fleco! Besides of that sign up will give you good quality videos, often extras for free, it is more complete (on youtube are only parts of subjects an dlast but not least you support Pebber. Pebber has put a lot of afford in these lessons and put so much for free on the net IMO opinion he deserves to earn some money for it.

It is realy worth to sign in you will not rerget it it only takes patience

grtz Ray

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:22 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Welcome yes you will be fine here,
Pebber has some great Basics videos on youtube on learning beginner chords.
Its never to early to start picking and left hand practice and maybe start running through the 5 position system which can be downloaded from this site.
also justin guitar is a great beginner site also.

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:47 pm
by Vin Tekiel • 8 Posts

Thank you all for your comments!!! Exactly what I was hoping for. I'm going to register now then, and just spend hours everyday on it

Last edited Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:48 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:11 pm
by Vin Tekiel • 8 Posts

Ok, I registered yesterday night :), now I'll just continue right hand and left hand exercise till I get the first video. I'm glad at 43 it is not too late to learn to play guitar. It makes me remember before starting martial arts at 20 asking the teacher if it was too late... he looked at me (imagine a big, 65 years old, you wouldn't want to fight with) and told me he started at 36 lol, I got my black belt at 25 .... and never stopped practising. It's never to late...

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:01 pm
by Vin Tekiel • 8 Posts

I know I'm being impatient (sorry), but just to get an idea, how much time do you need to wait in average between the moment when you pay through Paypal and when you start getting materials? I know that it's manual, and with all the Pebber's vid on youtube, I'm anyway all set for some time. It just that I'd like to get started on some theory, because besides knowing the musical alphabet and the circle of 5th (and that is because I watched Pebber's video on the subject), I know nothing. Even the circle of 5th, I understand how to build it no problem, but don't have a clue as to what it is used for.
I tried to get a book at the library (something like "music harmony") but it jumps straight into concept I don't know anything about.

Question: Does anyone has some simple things, or pointers to other videos I did not see (I'm still watching like 2 or 3 of PB's videos a day on picking for now) so on my 2 trips next week (12 hours flight each time) I could use that time to work on some theory?

Right now, I printed the neck diagram and will write down on each one all the same note. Like all the As in one, all the Bs in next etc... That should help me learn where are all the same notes, and maybe try to differentiate the octaves between those (the one that are the same, the one that are 1,2 or 3 octaves apart). Also see the different ways to make the same chord (same octaves, diff octaves)...

Last edited Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:04 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:54 pm
by Vin Tekiel • 8 Posts

Thank you Pebber! I've got everything I need!!! I'll work on the material, try to post a video on the forum in a week or 2 to get feedback on anything I'm doing wrong and send one to you at the end of the month.

Thank again!

Vin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:14 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Hi

Great you've subscribed! If you want to learn some good basics i think the below link from Pebber will help you a lot. It are 22 lectures of about 45 -50 min on Music Fundamentals this is the stuff you/we need to know before going to harmony. Harmony is a little more advanced e.g. which tones sounds nice together and what type of sense they will give you. But first we need to know how the basic scales are built how a triad is made and rythmic notation.

Im following these lectures as well at the moment and do now one lecture a week because i have to work and travel a lot to. I make notes read the notes next days etc etc. So if you want more theory i should do these lectures and if you have questions put them here.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:17 am
by Vin Tekiel • 8 Posts

Thank you Ray! Exactly what I needed.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:33 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Youre welcome and have fun with it ;)

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 15 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 156 (yesterday 452) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: