pull off excersises

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:30 am
by walleyedave • 37 Posts

i need serious work on descending pull offs,,,especially. my ascending hammers are pretty good,,,does anyone have some teqnique,,,excersises that are interesting to help me build this up? especially my pinky to 2nd or pinky to 3rd.

Scroll up

RE: pull off excersises

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:18 am
by robmurtha • 94 Posts

Here are two vids to start with, one of basic left hand technique and one starting the trill series, the trills are awesome and should help you address some of the things you mentioned. I'm just another student who has benefited very much from Pebber's work in the short time that I have known him, I think you'll find these to be very thorough - enjoy.

basic left hand technique
http://www.youtube.com/user/pebberbrown#p/u/137/VsjPobnXe3s

trill excersizes
http://www.youtube.com/user/pebberbrown#p/u/206/7JQkwzbqcaw

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:33 am
by uderoche (deleted)

The links Rob put up is it!!!! Dead on the money.

One thing that has also helped me quite a bit, with regard to descending pull-offs is something Pebber mentioned in another video which was playing scales both ascending legato and descending legato.

Start slow. It's tough at first...of course. But you will see the progress over time.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:48 am
by walleyedave • 37 Posts

thanks guys,,i am amazed at how much mental concentration i needed to improve my teqnique. I will master this eventually!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:25 pm
by robmurtha • 94 Posts

yeah Ursin is right, the pull offs caused my joints to flare up the first time I overdid it, slow and steady is good with a metronome of course

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
98 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly