Quick right hand vid for analysis

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:34 am
by Shawn Dimery • 5 Posts

My first video on my right hand technique, thanks guys!
Only just managed to get a new webcam!

Scroll up

RE: Quick right hand vid for analysis

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:11 am
by Case • 68 Posts

Hey Shawn,

Thanks for posting this! Just a quick one. I think the first thing the more experienced guys here will say is that you should tuck the picking hand fingers in. Also, you might find it more comfortable to place the guitar on the other leg so your fretting hand's elbow has more space. The fretting hand otherwise looks good to me. You are keeping the fingers close to the neck, which is good. Good job practising with the metronome ;)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 am

Thank you for the feedback Case!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:29 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

fretting hand thumb behind second finger to straighten the hand up.
lift up the neck (get a strap) to stop the crooked hand swan position
picking looks ok can see some scalpel picking going on there
try pulling the middle fingers in.

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:43 pm
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

pull the fingers into a ball-dont anchor pick hand picky...why does your pick hand need a referance point...gotta learn to float it. Its kinda hard to see if you are anchoring...but if you aren't then that's excellent!

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Play Guitar better than Fred Durst?---Check

Play Guitar better than Lil' Wayne?---Check

Play Guitar better than Franz Listz?---

Last edited Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:46 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:06 am

Im not anchoring! My hand is loose and free, just a little too loose. Thats why my fingers dangle a little!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:36 am
by mr. gurgle (deleted)

Looks to me a perfectly executed exercise. Changing positions will probably just reveal if the guitar angle should be changed or something of that ilk to be comfortable in that position. The classical guitar of course refuses to co-operate after the 12th fret and the rules go out the window (figuratively speaking), but on the electric axe I found that the co-operation sometimes stops at the 17th fret. So who knows. Personally I've developed some "bad habits" out of necessities dictated by the instrument at hand and it is maddening to see that guitar makers really don't seem to think beyond the fret 17 still. Perhaps I'm wrong but as a generalization anyone can check their guitars to see how the hand has to be placed on the neck in order to play beyond that fret. Cheers!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
43 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly