Callus Care

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:54 am
by clashcityrocker • 12 Posts

Hey guys, doing PB's daily regiment so my fingertips are getting abused but my calluses are co-operating so everything is cool. However I've noticed a small divot appearing on one finger and also that the calluses are uneven. My question is how do take care of your calluses? Should you smooth them out with a file? Use cream or alcohol? Do nothing?

Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Callus Care

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:32 pm
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

I dont think about them because unless I am reminded by something, I have ussually forgotten they were there.

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Play Guitar better than Fred Durst?---Check

Play Guitar better than Lil' Wayne?---Check

Play Guitar better than Franz Listz?---
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:48 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Interesting question. Don't think we've ever had one about callus' before. After 25 years of guitar playing, I've never had super huge incredibly thick callus' and I don't think about it much. The only times I've ever thought about it were the times where a callus rips off and you have to build it back up. That can hurt if you rip into the callus and keep playing and the new flesh underneath starts to bleed. Ouch. But other than that I don't ever think about it.

YouTube www.youtube.com/ursinderoche
Facebook www.facebook.com/ursinderoche
Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:24 pm
by Tom (deleted)

Is a divot like an imprint from the string? I had that on my 3rd finger after lots of hammer-ons and pull-offs. It was annoying, I'll say. I'd massage it to try and even it out, but after a few minutes of playing, it'd be back and the string fit there perfectly. It stuck around for a week or two, even when waking up in the morning, but then it went away on its own and things are back to nice and even. I'd recommend letting things rest so it recovers naturally. I don't think creams or alcohol will help with anything other than hard bits and pieces of skin that is already coming off,

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:16 pm
by ashan • 190 Posts

something i've learned the hard way is never play just after you had a bath or something. wait at least 20 minutes for the skin to dry properly. and make sure you your hands are dry after you wash them. this way you're calluses won't rip off. at least for years

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 pm
by clashcityrocker • 12 Posts

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies. I'm proud of my callus' and hope they stay with me!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:34 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Sand calluses with emory boards and sandpaper. Polish them on Levis.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:08 pm
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

Ha I just discovered the miracle that is Krazy glue...I wanna start gloobin it all onto the ends of all my fingas now!

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Play Guitar better than Fred Durst?---Check

Play Guitar better than Lil' Wayne?---Check

Play Guitar better than Franz Listz?---
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 145 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: