Mental Practice

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri May 10, 2013 6:03 am
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

Hi I wondered what your approach to mental practice is like( I mean Practising just in your head while your at work or something and can't do the real thing), Just Songs or Scale Patterns,Intervals? Would be nice to get some insight in other peoples views on it

Scroll up

RE: Mental Practice

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri May 10, 2013 11:02 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Best way is to close your eyes visualize walking in to your boss's office telling him where to shove it then follow your dream...

Ok now for the real world yes visualize the scale shapes, chords licks solo's works out keys intervals.
racing drivers do the same visualize race tracks in their mind for memory.

I always have a guitar with me that's the best way.

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 13, 2013 10:31 am
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

I find myself drifting in and out of various "modes " of concentration when I shed it up...Each has its own particular area of directing all my concious awareness...to either 1.) Concentration on purely what I am playing sounds like. 2.) What I am currently playing feels like (physically I mean) or 3.) what it is that the phrase, chord, exercise or whatnot looks like. Or Lastly 4.) How does what I am playing relate to me emotionally (Sometimes the thing I am practicing will not resonate with me at all and other times it just make me burn all over inside-either instance is fine but just good for me to be aware of) I find that the more awareness I develope concerning these concentration channels that I gravitate towards, the more efficienty I learn, memorize, tighten, and refine whatever it is that I am playing/practicing.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 13, 2013 10:34 am

Once you really clear away all destractions and really get inside of your own head...then you can one up the sheding both with and away from the instrument.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 13, 2013 10:44 am

When it comes to "mentating" or mentalizing a particular musical idea, I find it makes things much easier for me to learn them by sort of picking one of the previously mentioned channels that makes the most sense to me given that particular musical idea...for instance, when I was first learning the Hanon Scale sequences...I realized quite quickly that trying to think of/remember them by what they "looked like" from start to finish
as a long tangly snake going all over the place on the fret board was a nightmare...So I decided to shift my attention more towards the signiture sound that defined each of them. Im not saying this is best for everyone but its just what i do.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 18 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
40 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 917) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly