Newbie Confused

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:25 pm
by guild1978 • 2 Posts

Hi all,
I recently signed up to online lessons. My first student level 1 login has allowed me to download a number of videos so I began with module 1. The module 1 practical videos 1-5 do not follow the practice routine for module one e.g
Picking on adjacent strings and non adjacent is not in these videos with the esus4 chord but goes through a minor pentatonic fingerings at different speeds. I guess I'm just not sure what I should be doing following the practice sheet line by line or not?? Thanks for replies

Scroll up

RE: Newbie Confused

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:05 pm
by heyman • 60 Posts

Hey guild1978,
Somebody may correct me here, but if I remember correctly, the videos are to show you the technique and the PDF sheets are to show you the correct notes to play. The lessons consist of three things: The video, the PDF, and the Daily Practice Module Sheet. You are not always going to follow the list of lessons on the DPM sheet. I always watched the video and then worked with PDF. It is as basic as do what he sends you and send a video to him on what you have done to improve upon it.

I hope this helps!

Talk it then walk it.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:32 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi guild1978!

Welcome to the Forum!! Yeah, the vids you receive do not follow the Daily Practice Routine. There are corresponding .PDF's for the DPR. Just click on "Lesson PDF/MP3 Files" and then click on Guitar "Student PDF files..." underneath the Private Student Lesson Download Pages.

heyman makes a good point: Pebber will expect you to upload a video (doesn't matter if you've been playing for 20 days or 20 years -- Upload a 3-4 Minute video (TOPS, no more that 4 minutes, showcasing 3-4 exercises). Everyone in this Forum is very supportive. I am an administrator here, and a really good friend of Pebber's, so please do not hesitate to ask any questions. The more you ask, the more you learn!

Hope to see you soon!!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:06 pm
by guild1978 • 2 Posts

Hi guys,
Thanks a mill for the replies. I've been working on the right hand scalpel picking extensively. Would ye think I should focus on module 1 in its entirety? Also, Am I best to upload here or send straight to pebber via dropsend? Thanks again guys

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:26 pm
by Paul Kump • 12 Posts

Hey guild1978,
I think it is best to tackle all of the modules everyday instead of putting all that time into one module and forgoing the others.

Also, vis-a-vis uploading your videos, you don't want to send them to Pebber via dropsend, and you can't upload them here. You should upload your videos on youtube and mark them as unlisted. From there, you can email the link to Pebber and/or post the link or embed the video to the forums.

Paul
www.paulkump.com
youtube channel
www.jussymusic.com
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:48 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

PAUL!!!! Dude, I MISS YOU, BRO!!!

(sorry,,,OK, back to the thread)

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 308 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: