Practice Video Stormy Monday

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:48 pm
by BillyRae • 24 Posts

Pebber or Whomever, pls critique this short video for me. Stormy Monday Lesson 1 Chords.
Many Thx

Scroll up

RE: Practice Video Stormy Monday

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:59 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Pretty clean. Nice tone.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:00 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

"one dimensional minor chord in G and an extended cross pattern?"

WHAT? can you explain!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:02 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Thanks for posting a video here!
Chords are mostly correct - the Dim 7 needs to be corrected with the proper fingering.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:31 am
by BillyRae • 24 Posts

Thx PB I'll work on the Ddim7. Have a look at final video when we get there. I must have gotten sloppy here. This is one of the easy chords in the combination. G13 is a corker

As to the one dimensional Gm Pent. I was thinking ahead to the next lesson anticipating a lesson on lead solo.
Your scale chart calls out only position #1 of the Gm Pent. but an expanded cross positional GMaj Pent. scale. So I'm guessing you will trend to more GMaj in the solo than Gm. I am working on that solo lead now and I really like the feel of the Gm scale over the Track. Also the Gmscale emphasis lets me work in a Dm scale riff that I think is cool as well. I'll post it up later today so you can see the reflection of your Solo Basics 1A-1B-2A series you posted a few years ago. This piece is perfect 5th of Gm integration of the Dm scale you called out back then.

Looking fwd to next lesson. Keep up the great work man.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:51 pm
by BillyRae • 24 Posts

First 20 seconds or so no Audio Pebber. No idea why but should not matter. Thx for the Review

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
77 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly