My very first recording...:)

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:35 pm
by jimiclaptoncarl • 117 Posts

Hey guys,

This was my school project I did for Studio Recording class back in Summer of '09.

We all had to do a 2min tune that had 3 identifiable sections(chorus, intro, verse, etc..)

I put this together very fast except for the intro. I spent quite more time on that than any other part.

I didn't have much time to get this done, so I think you can tell that it was rushed, it was my first experience with multi-track recording, It's awesome, so cool to lay down tracks, tracks, and more tracks!

But hey, I got an A! ;)

The tune is pretty heavy, it's all instrumental so no vocals(you think I can sing?!) I might have been able to get one of my classmates to rap on it, but I don't really like rap. All of my classmates pretty much came up with rap tunes, I think I have the class cd, if you wanna hear em'. I like 2 other tunes. ;)

I know, the guitar is not recorded the best, the drum sounds suck, and I forget to turn of the cd writer(we recorded to a cd in real time, so that's why the click keeps going. :p

I was pretty satisfied, with the intro, but I had to use all the weird sounds in there. :P

I was required to use 4 loops, 2 of unknown tempo and 2 of known tempo. That forced to find the beat and quantize it to our tune's tempo as well as get it in the right key. I pasted a excerpt from a band I like and it was in the same key as mine, just had to speed it up a bit..

Anyways, here it is, hope you enjoy it,,, a littlebit...

http://www.4shared.com/audio/ffEfGHSt/02_Track_2.html

"Let's face it, you SUCK; now what are you going to do about it?" - Dick Grove

Practice not just until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong.

Stay fit and eat healthy; die anyways. :p

MY GEAR:
Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
Digitech RP300A

jimiclaptoncarl et's face it, You suck; now what are you going to do about it?" - Dick Grove

Scroll up

RE: My very first recording...:)

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:54 am
by robmurtha • 94 Posts

Nice feel - there's some serious attitude in there man!

Scroll up

RE: My very first recording...:)

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:14 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Very interesting

-Ursin

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 17 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 122 (yesterday 452) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: