My videos of chromatic and picking excercises - feedback welcome!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:24 pm
by christopher • 9 Posts

Hey all, here are a couple of short videos of me doing some exercises on one string. I really appreciate any feedback and criticism you have, especially with right hand technique.

Chromatic exercises:

Picking exercises - note divisions at 60 BPM from 1 to 8 notes per beat:

Scroll up

RE: My videos of chromatic and picking excercises - feedback welcome!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:11 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi Christopher,

Welcome to the PB Forum!!! Is that a Parker you are playing? Are you filming with a GoPro? Anyway, I digress:

1) METRONOME! 5-stars right off the bat!

2) LEFT HAND: Looks really good to me!

3) RIGHT HAND: Smooth, even technique! My only "critique" is that those 7's in the "Picking exercises..." video were just slightly off. However, I understand that you were trying to get everything in AND keep the video short and sweet. Based on the ease with which you breezed through all of the other notes-per-beat, I am more than convinced that you've got your 7's down.

SUMMARY: I LOVE IT ALL!!!

Keep up the fantastic work, and I really look forward to more videos!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:25 am
by christopher • 9 Posts

Hey Adam, thanks for your feedback! I'll keep at it, maybe next I will do a video focusing on 7s.

Aside: The guitar is actually a Carvin, and I'm filming with a cheap-o webcam in a dark apartment.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:08 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi Christopher,

You are very welcome, and I am more than certain that you can nail those 7's with ease! It is never easy going from triplets, to quarter notes, to 5's, 6's, 7's, etc. every couple of measures, so actually, I tip my cap to you for making it look so effortless. The reason I thought you may be using a GoPro was due to the nice shot looking down towards your guitar. In any case, the quality and sound of both vids are great.

LOVE that Carvin, by the way!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
702 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly