3rd month videos! :)

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:48 am
by shotimac • 17 Posts

Good day everyone!
Here are my third month videos. Please help and feel free to give advice, critics and feedback. thank you!

I try to memorize the fret board by playing the C major scale 14th position. and i do trill exercises every other day. i still can't do it on 4 , 5 and 6th strings. sorry the metronome is too loud on my trill exercises.
Am i on the right track? thank you very much!

Scroll up

RE: 3rd month videos! :)

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:15 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Ahh you see! Now this is MUCH MUCH BETTER! People can comment on these and I can look at these ONE at a time as I can fit in my schedule. Good show old chap!!!!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:02 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Great videos you are defo on the right track cant fault you at all. scapel picking looks awesome effortless.
maybe slow the trills down until you build up the strength there. a lot of movement comes from the arm with the trills not just the fingers.
great idea to always use the metronome. and timings all sounded spot on to me.

Also did you jump straight into 14 position or run through 5, 7, first ?? just curious

great stuff though keep pushing yourself look forward to seeing the progress in your next video.

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:04 am
by shotimac • 17 Posts

Good day!

Sorry about the emails sir pebber. And sorry about the long videos, i will cut it to 2 to 4 minutes next time.I will just post my monthly videos here in the forum so everyone can give me feedback. I hope you could check my videos in your free time whenever i upload and give me some SENSEI SAGE level advice.Haha. Thank you very much!

Thank you very much sir delta for giving time in reviewing my videos. About the 14th position. Yes, I did jump straight and memorize the 14th position. Is it wrong? Should i first memorize the 5thposition/caged system? But the 5th and 7th positions are all in the 14th positions right? Could you give me some advice. Thank you!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:48 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi Mark!

I am so happy to see that you followed the advice of my emails to you! As I previously stated, you are off to a tremendously fantastic start. The simple fact that you use a metronome proves to me that you are on the right track. Here are my thoughts:

SPIDER EXERCISE 60bpm single triplets: Left-hand technique looks great!

130bpm 3perbeat Permutation 1: These are really good permutations!

160bpm TRILL 1st string: I agree with deltadiscos, that the timing on these exercises is off. If you are able to dial down the BPM from 60, take it down to 40 or 50, and find the right tempo. Then build from there. If you cannot go lower than 60 BPM, then try using half-notes, instead of quarter-notes.

105bpm 4pb Permutation 1: The timing is a little off here. Perhaps take it down to 95 - 100 BPM, and then build up from there. Your picking is good.

C MAJOR SCALE 14th position: I would suggest using a metronome, but otherwise, very good job!

160bpm 2perbeat c major scale 14th: It is obvious that you know your patterns, but I would again suggest slowing things down just a little bit. Nice work!

Trill Exercises, in my opinion, are the most difficult exercises, but your playing and your control will become much better, the more you work on your Trill Exercises. This is not a race to see who is fastest. It's about developing a clean, fluid playing style and technique. You can do it!!!

To answer your question: YES! You are definitely on the right track, Mark.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:57 pm
by shotimac • 17 Posts

Thank you very much for the time sir adam! I will follow all your advices! I hate doing trills but i need to do it!haha i will keep on doing it every other day.
After learning and memorizing the patterns of the C major scale. What is the next step?? I do not know what to do about these scales.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:47 pm
by shotimac • 17 Posts

Follow up question. Understanding guitar is really hard :( please help!
In C major scale 14th position system, do i also have 14th major pentatonic scale?
If i play 1 2 3 5 6 ( c d e g a ) in every position i get 14th major pentatonic scale. Is this right?
Thank you!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:48 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi Mark!

Sorry for the delay, but I will try my best to follow up on your questions:

Quote: shotimac wrote in post #6
After learning and memorizing the patterns of the C major scale. What is the next step?? I do not know what to do about these scales.
Here are just a few suggestions on how to take what you've learned, expand on it, and then APPLY IT:

1) With your metronome or backing track: Play one position ascending (low string to high string) then slide up the last note of Position 1 to the last note of Position 3 (for example), and play Position 3 descending (high string to low string). Then slide from the 1st note of Position 3 to the 1st note of Position 5 and play Position 5 ascending,,,then up to Position 7 where you will descend...etc.

2) With your metronome or backing track: Sequences: Play each position in sequences (2's, 3's, 4's, 5's,,etc.). Don't forget to change the order of the notes, as well: (1, 3, 2, 4, 3, 5, 4, 6, 5, 7, 6, 8, 7), etc.

3) With your backing track: Just play! Use a combination of sequences, bending notes, slides, trills, and change of the length of notes. Hey! You are now creating a melodic solo!!!

4) Same as #3 above, but now try playing with backing tracks in different keys!

Quote: shotimac wrote in post #7
In C major scale 14th position system, do i also have 14th major pentatonic scale?

Technically, you can look at this way. After all, each major/minor scale has it's own major/minor pentatonic scale and major/minor arpeggio within. However, I try to keep things a bit more simple when it comes to the pentatonic scale: Personally, I stick to 5 positions - that's it. Now, I like to do things like combine positions, and play scales on single-strings. This is just the style I have developed over the years. This is a good question, so I wonder if some of our other colleagues could chime in on this one.

I hope this helped!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
688 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 917) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly