I'm new to the forum.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:38 am
by heyman • 60 Posts

Hi, my forum name is Heyman. I'm 11 years old and going into 6th grade. I started playing guitar when I was 7. I've been doing PB's lessons for a few months now.
Here's my take on PB's lessons so far: Other lessons I've taken start out with an easy piece of music to learn and practice and you get better at the skill needed for that song. It's good because your playing music, but the benefit for the amount of time invested is low in the long run. PB's lessons give a broader benefit on a deeper level somehow. It is harder. Maybe because you don't play music starting these lessons. For me, the exercises have started to get fun. But I think that takes some time. Things that were hard get easier. I can play with jam tracks that I couldn't before.
Since I'm on summer break I try to practice 2 hrs. in the morning, first thing. Then the rest of the day I fill in where I can. Some days I can do 4 hrs. or more, total. Other days just the 2 hrs., depending what's going on. I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Just for fun.

Talk it then walk it.
Scroll up

RE: I'm new to the forum.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:53 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Great videos dude!

Keep up the good work and you will rock on!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:53 pm
by heyman • 60 Posts

Ray1981: Thanks for watching my video and writing the positive message.

All who have watched: Thanks for your valuable time.

Talk it then walk it.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:49 am
by ashan • 190 Posts

really impressed! keep on practicing! all the best!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:14 am
by heyman • 60 Posts

Thank you!

Talk it then walk it.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:05 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

heyman, you have the perfect attitude. Keep at it and your skill will develop to amazing levels.

You also couldn't state a better way to spend your summer vacation. So many people waste vacation time when it can be the best way to make huge improvements in whatever area we choose.

You rule, man.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:29 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Heyman..... great stuff lad you got it down keep pushing yourself know matter what other are doing keep at it.
you are the perfect age for this shit 11-16 one of those phases in life were what ever you learn will stay with you for life.
you have a great attitude for it so keep us posted on what you practising. plying
if you need any help stick a post here... we could see a future guitar star good on yer..

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word

Last edited Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:30 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:03 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

Heyman,

I'm a father of 3 boys a bit younger than you. Based on my experiences I feel that it is a blessing for you to have found something you love this early on in your life. If you're able to maintain that feeling and are willing to work it with a positive attitude, you have a bright future ahead of you.

I don't really contribute on this forum much anymore, but I check in from time to time to make sure I don't miss anything golden. Your videos caught my eye and after showing them to my sons they said I had to pass along the message "Awesome dude, keep it up!"

So there you have it. Awesome dude, keep it up, and here's hoping you continue to progress for years to come.

PS., love the FZ avatar!

Instead of reading this you should be practicing. Slowly. With a metronome.

Last edited Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:04 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:41 am
by heyman • 60 Posts

Thanks! Everyone.

Talk it then walk it.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
206 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 256) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly