Greetings, I live in the middle of golden fields (Iowa) advice?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:36 pm
by JW Anderson • 8 Posts

Hi everyone,

I just started this; program, practice, lessons, exploration(?) And I'm enjoying it a lot! I didn't know exactly what to post for the first weeks worth of lessons. I am extremely surprised at how much my picking hand and fretting hand have improved! I play so much cleaner already! If anyone has any advice on what to post for my lessons video/responses please let me know! I want to take FULL advantage of this opportunity, and being that I am predominately a drummer I would love to get honest critique from my plectrum wielding counterparts.

I really enjoyed the mention of having little time to practice. I like the guitarist mentioned in the practice videos, am also a Semi driver and I put in about 10 hour days. So my days schedule is consistent of coming home, taking a four hour nap, waking up playing guitar, going back to sleep and waking up for work.

Scroll up

RE: Greetings, I live in the middle of golden fields (Iowa) advice?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:15 pm
by JW Anderson • 8 Posts

please pardon some of my slight grammatical errors.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:12 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Just make some short videos of you doing the exercises that your working on at the moment so the people can see how your doing. Besides of that it is also very cool to see yourself improving this is good for the motivation.

Which exercises your working on?

Grtz Ray

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:27 pm
by JW Anderson • 8 Posts

Currently it's just lesson one practical, right handed exercises. However Pebber did send me more videos today. Im kinda in a funny predicament I am left handed but due to a frozen shoulder I started playing right handed. Recently through chiropractic etc, my left shoulder and arm are no longer frozen. So I think I am going to buy a left handed guitar and work on exercises with both hands. Since I'm at the starting point it might be better for me to try this little experiment now. if I decide to go that route, I'll post videos of both arms (however funny the left handed videos may be.)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:52 pm
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Hey JW,

That would be really cool to see, actually.

If you want an idea what to post, look at both Ray's and my posts and you'll get an idea. I do shorter and less-frequent videos than he does because he's a beast. But he travels all over the place and still practices (from what I recall), and I commute 14 hours per week and work 7 days a week. I don't practice as much as I'd like but I find a way to work on things all the time.

During my commutes I am listening to theory videos. This week it's been on harmony and how it works.

Oh, and by the way, if you can find a way to record a video of your practice in the middle of one of those golden fields it would be epic!! I've been to Iowa, and I can't think of a more idyllic place to strum some licks on an acoustic guitar.

Last edited Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:53 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:00 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

What I do is I practice stuff reco0rd and post it the same week than after about 6 weeks or so i record and post it again.

Farelli is right I travel for work all the time and bring my 6 string buddy with me. Even when i work a lot i try to make some time to practice. But this time it was so difficult than I played only 6 or 7 hours a week this is just really a little and im not happy about that.

It is as Pebber stated: "Lack of afford is a lack of results". If we really want to get better we have to play a lot. Ofcourse most of us have job and families which are important as well. But in the end this statement is true.

If you really being consistent in doing the exercises with doing them everyday. And not for just 10 min and start with a new exercise. No do the picking exercises for an hour a day, take the classical for exercise do it fo 30 min. Ladder exercises as well an hour a day. Like this you will see improvement.
And to be honest what i write here is not so much, Ursin told me once he was doing for months the ladder exercises for 4 hours a day!!!!! And if you see and hear him playing, No lack of result though.

Grtz

Ray

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:28 pm
by JW Anderson • 8 Posts

Hi Farelli,

Haha glad someone likes the idea! I can play drums left or right handed, which was my own doing (the ignorance of youth, or just having really cool drum teachers who pushed me!) Okay I will look at your videos! Sorry it took me a bit to reply. I've been busy training at work and have been so burnt that I came home and fell asleep most nights just to recover and acclimate. Now I should be back on track!

I understand that completely! Since I drive literally all day long, I honestly listen to a little bit of everything. I need to listen to Pebber's videos while I'm driving as well.

I will definitely shoot some videos in the middle of a corn field. I actually have been writing some songs. So once I get an album together I will probably be shooting a video in the middle of one anyhow haha!

Thanks for the help! Stay in touch!

Apparently I'm not allowed to submit links to my post? I'll have to read the thread on how to submit videos. I was going to share videos of my drumming haha! I have much to learn as a young padawan!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:04 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

You can't paste any links in your posts, but you can embed a video from YouTube using the 'Video Einfugen' button at the top. It looks like a film shoot clapper with a green plus sign on it.

So if you don't have a YouTube account, make one. Upload the video (you can mark it unlisted, not private), and then embed it here using that button.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:28 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Guys everybody can paste links in their post.

Just delete the http:// www. in front of the link. It is really easy

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:25 pm
by JW Anderson • 8 Posts

Hah thanks guys! Let's see if this works?!? I'm still adjusting to my new work schedule. Hopefully I'll get a few more posted today.

Unfortunately this band did not work out for me... They were quite a bit younger than me... i was 23-24 at the time and they were in their late teens and it turned into a bunch of drama which resulted in me quitting. But anyway, you guys get to see me drum :)

The guitar videos are older videos... I mainly play slide, and I will be posting standard tuning with an acoustic and open with a slide and if I can get my hands on a lefty for laughs.

Thank you all for the help.. I didn't realize where it said "Message:" that's where the "video Einfugen was. More videos to come today haha!

Last edited Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:40 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:01 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

hi there jw.. as someone who is also interested in drumming, i wondered if you know of any druming sites/tution
that are setup like this with a syllabus. to work through. most sites seem all over the place.
cheers.

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
434 guests and 2 members have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

2 members have been online today:
McFly, webpulseindia