Who would be interested in Class2020 group?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri May 22, 2020 3:58 am
by McFly • 42 Posts

Hi everybody,

just a quick suggestion if you think it would be helpful, since the practice videos appear
every now and then, they get viewed, but rarely commented (Pebber is so busy that it is
hard to expect him commenting everything we put up on the forum) and
it is hard to recognize are there other teachers or highly experienced students on the forum who could
give qualified remarks on our technique or they are also too busy...

I was wondering if people actively practicing at the moment would like to gather in a couple of
dedicated threads where we could exchange our thoughts, problems, questions, progress and support
and motivate each other. As Pebber says it is you versus you and it is up to us to stick with it and become
better or give up, which can happen for various reasons and is no shame, but we might support each other
for a while and see how it goes.

As we are all learning it is hard to comment each other's videos (the technical aspect) but we might try.
And wait for some comments from someone who really knows what he is talking about as we do anyway. But sometimes a simple keep up the good work or thumbs up can be motivating for each of us. And the videos are scattered through threads with various exercises from various users so I thought it would be nice to start some threads under the general reference like Class 2020 Picking on one string and we all put those videos in the same thread, another one Class2020 adjacent strings, then chromatic accross could be one, chromatic movement, chromatic permutations and so on. And we limit video length to 2mins or whatever time we agree being appropriate for one specific exercise. Other line of threads might be Class2020 picking thoughts where we complain, comment, and wonder about our difficulties, for example I hate the zzinggg on strings 1,2,3 when doing picking exercises and don't know if it is a problem of my technique, the pick angle, the pick type, the grip or just something normal which occasionally happens. Or, since it is getting hotter my arm sticks to the guitar body and it is annoying when you are trying to do picking on adjacent strings and your arm kind of gets stuck as you adjust it going from 6th to 1st string. Or anything else that bothers you/us but under some collective title on a set of close topics.

Maybe we can have monthly homework (not competition) where we all make one video on specific
exercise (example, picking on adjacent strings at a tempo and whichever number of notes per beat each one of us feels comfortable at that moment in time)

So, to start with, could all of you interested in such approach reply to this message so that we see how many of us
(call us Class 2020 :) ) would be interested and if there is more than a couple I can start a couple of threads as explained above and we see where it takes us and whether we like it or not.

Cheers

Scroll up

RE: Who would be interested in Class2020 group?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat May 23, 2020 3:00 am
by MadJo • 11 Posts

Yes brother I am in, i feel it's a good suggestion and we can learn more by this and I think in this period of time as we all at our home we can concentrate on our instrument more and just my small suggestion is that if pb or other masters in this forum considers this type of class with some fee structure will benefit us more quickly so we can learn our pros and cons and move on and on.Thank you.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun May 24, 2020 3:21 am
by Roger75 • 21 Posts

Yes sounds cool, I'm in.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun May 24, 2020 3:14 pm
by janine • 8 Posts

Hi I am Janine and would like to be in included in the group.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri May 29, 2020 11:35 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Sounds good would be goo to see this forum more active again, with such great resources at hand

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:16 pm
by Cleudi Martins • 24 Posts

Sounds great man. But my great issue is with recording and having time to practice. But it might be a great motivation for me being involved with something like this. I'll see what I can do! At least I'll try to comment on the videos.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 242 guests and 1 member online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly