Hi, I'm new around here.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:54 am
by musicalhair • 9 Posts

Hi, I'm new around here but glad to see an active guitar forum. Years ago I was somewhat active on the guitar player magazine's forums, but I don't even know if they exist anymore. I've been playing guitar and/or bass guitar since 1980. I found Pebber Brown's videos and eventually found this place. One of his videos came up in the right side column when I was looking at ... I think it was Strymon Deco videos. I was hooked instantly because I have always fingerpicked, paying very little attention to how to properly use a pick. I would use a pick to just whack the strings as hard as I can, otherwise I'd just use my fingers. But recently I decided I should more properly address using a pick, and his videos and the community he's built looks like just what the doctor ordered.

Scroll up

RE: Hi, I'm new around here.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:51 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Welcome, musicalhair.

You're right. Pebber's got a ton of videos on picking methods and he teaches several styles. He also gives dozens or hundreds of exercises to improve at it in all aspects.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:35 am
by Ivan • 45 Posts

Hi MusicalHair,
nice to meet you :)

Its definately a great place to discuss technique and get some encouragement with your progress.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Music=Life
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:54 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Hey MusicalHair,

Welcome to the forum!!! You'll find a lot of great stuff here and awsome lessons.

Grtz Ray

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
13 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly