Blues Rock

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 pm
by Sean • 1 Post

Hey guys, I'm a former music major (trumpet) who recently switched to business. I have had two years of college music theory and am a pretty good musician but I'm new to guitar. I'm mostly interested in just blues and pentatonic style playing (Slash, Angus Young, Clapton, Page etc.) but I'm having trouble filtering out info that I need and don't need. I've started with the 5 position caged system from this site but I'm not sure where to go from there. Advice appreciated!!

Scroll up

RE: Blues Rock

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:12 am
by Koerperkarle • 13 Posts

I'm pretty shitty compared to the guys here but in my opinion the pentatonic and blues scales ("Pentatonic & Blues Scales:" on the "Guitar Lesson PDFs" Page) and chord progressions / repertoire will be most important, .
And technique obviously :)
There are some great videos on it too, like "Solo Basics", "Blues Licks 101" on Pebber's Channel

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:59 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Starting with picking exercises will help you a lot as well. I would start with that. Search for the right hand exercises watching these vids will help you using a pick then there are a lot of left hand exercises as well like spiders and ladders etc. This will give you a good basic to begin with.

Hope this helps

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:37 am
by Justip • 47 Posts

Practicing Pentatonics Parts One to Three Vidoe's are a good start. Along with picking excersises. Hell learn it all. In All keys an positions and scale sequences use hybrid picking, scalpel and sarod. Dont forget to sing it. if you wacth Pebbers vidoes close enough, he gives you some stuff that's close to those guys jeff beck, jimmy page, clapton, hendrixy bits be careful to watch those three videos though.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 391 guests and 1 member online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly