RE: Module 1 Right Hand Exercises

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:33 pm
by Farelli • 189 Posts

I'll be picking this back up now. I reorganized my practice binder (so it now has dividers, ffs) and I'll be doing right hand and left hand exercises (I'll post results to those in my Module 2 Left Hand Exercises thread).

The thing that got me really excited was the higher level exercises for the right hand. I've always wanted to be able to perform flawless PIMA and Pick-2-3-4 style so I can't wait to incorporate that into my practice.

Oh, and the chromatic, spider, ladder, and X exercises. Man alive, I can't wait to be able to execute those things well.

Last edited Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:35 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:56 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

I did about an hour of pick-2-3-4 exercises last night. A couple of them took me some time to get right, so I had to slow them down. I'll be practicing them much more often.

The last ten minutes or so I spent figuring out a 7/8 picking pattern since many of the ones on the first worksheet are 5/8 and I wanted to see what a 7/8 would sound like.

I ended up with Pick-2-Pick-4-Pick-2-4, alternating between strings 5-3-1 and 6-3-1. I also did the same with P-1-P-3-P-1-3, P-2-P-3-P-2-3, and P-3-P-4-P-3-4.

I found quickly that the bass note (which I was using for the roots) was drilling the irregular heartbeat of 1-2, 1-2, 1-2-3 that you get from 7/8 and that I love the sound of.

I then found that mesmerizing and did a simple progression of I-I-IV-I-V-IV-I in C.

I then played that for several minutes because I liked it.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:18 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

My latest right hand offerings. Got too much blue in the shots this time. Good thing I'm not a video producer.

Right Hand Part 1:

Right Hand Part 2:

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
305 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly