Few clips for review.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:11 am
by Ivan • 45 Posts

Finally got up enough confidence to post some clips of my technique.
Any advice will be appreciated: I'm here to learn so be as critical as you like :)

Clip 1 Basic picking and my attempt at scalpel picking. Am I on the right track or am I way off?

Clip 2. Some finger picking. Pick 1/2/3 and no pick-all fingers.

Clip 3. Finger permutations 1234. Is my left hand ok? Ive had some finger injuries and my left pinky is slightly rotated inwards which is something I'll just keep working on. Otherwise is my form on the right track?

Clip 4. Am pentatonic long form

Clip 5. Position 1-2 Gmaj in 3rds. I love this stuff but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right! Any feedback?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3qMZcuOM

Music=Life
Scroll up

RE: Few clips for review.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:19 am
by Ivan • 45 Posts

looks like something went tits up with clip 5. Dunno what happened but 'll fix it up later :)

Music=Life
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:56 am
by Ivan • 45 Posts

Music=Life
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:25 pm
by Paul Amos • 19 Posts

I thought they all looked pretty good, but I am a complete novice and possibly the worst student on the forum, so my praise is sincere without any knowledge to back it up.

I would also add that when I can play scales that easily I will feel like I've accomplished something

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:07 pm
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Yeah, Ivan, you're really doing well with those. Your fingerpicking is inspiring and I'm seriously envious. I absolutely suck at that other than a couple of songs I've practiced hundreds of times each.

Your pinky finger doesn't look strange to me at all. It seems like you are rocking your left hand back and forth to reach all the notes so that could be compensation for the 4th finger. I read in another thread that you're not worried that much about speed so I wouldn't worry that much about it. That movement will slow you down, though.

I personally have a problem with my fourth finger popping out farther at higher speeds. I don't know if I'm trying to hammer it on with more force and therefore lifting it higher, or what. Spiders, trills, and finger permutations are probably the way to go to eliminate that.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
275 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly