Jan 2015 Known Chords & Scales

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:36 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Here are my two videos showing me playing the chords and scales I know. I was making a list of all the chords I know and I found that I was just repeating the same shapes endlessly so I stopped. I don't know any 6ths, 9ths, 11ths, or 13ths and I need a lot of work in some areas.

Here is the chord video:

For the scales I really only know the major scale. I was going to play the G major CAGED scale in all five positions but I realized that I really don't know them as well as I thought. I therefore recorded only positions 1 and 2 which I know very well.

Scales video:

There are some glitches in these videos. I need to get a better camera and mic as well as a better piece of recording software. This is a start, though.

Scroll up

RE: Jan 2015 Known Chords & Scales

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:50 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Great work farelli it seems that you have a good position with your left hand. Starting with pos 3 i guess?

Keep up the good work!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:14 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Yes, position 3 will have to be added to my practice. Yesterday I was focusing on trills between fingers 3-4, 2-4, and 1-4 making sure to keep the 4th finger from popping all the way out.

I didn't write about this but a struggle I'm facing with that 4th finger is that it seems it is almost double-jointed. I imagine this is a common problem. If I pull my 4th finger back too far, it reaches a point where it suddenly pops back into place in my hand. I don't know if I've trained myself wrongly (probably), but to get that 4th finger down on the board it really stretches forward from the rest of my hand.

When I play slowly I can control it but at higher speeds above approximately 300 notes per minute, I lose control over that 4th finger and raise it up too high and it becomes impossible to get it back down in time.

So I started doing the trills.

I think on Saturday I will make a video of right and left hand exercises and I will show this. Of course, maybe by then it will be less of a problem. :)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:21 pm
by Justip • 47 Posts

Hi Farrelli
Have you tried making sure that you pull the little finger in towards your palm on the fretting hand.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
549 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly