Write stuff down!!!! Follow Pebber's advice.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:50 pm
by Guitar Player • 83 Posts

This is vital to help players to instantly to be able to hear and see what they are playing. Like modes for instance.....if you write down all of the modes just for one key it will help you tremedously. Honestly, you will be able to look at a piece of tabulature after a short amount of tiime doing this for instance and know exactly what scale and key the solo(s) are in. This is very useful as you can then learn very quickly how certain players gravity to certain keys and modes and intervalic idea and concepts.

It is also important to understand all of the mostly used chords in a major/minor key too. It also helps if you know some of the chord substituitions as well the to know what scales/modes work over those chords.

Scroll up

RE: Write stuff down!!!! Follow Pebber's advice.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:22 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Well spoken Guitar Player i learned in 1.5 week the circle of 4th and 5th to write down quite fast.

The human brain remeber things easier when you have written down things. Sometimes i when i dont want to forget things i write them down on a paper and than i dont need to look at the paper anymore because it is stuck in my head.

So yes it is great advise to write the stuff down. So document the shit out of it as PB says in one of his vids.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:15 am
by Chris • 20 Posts

hi guys... is there any youtube videos on this?

... jack of all trades, master of none!
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:35 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

hi Chris,

What do you exactly mean? On the pb site are a lot of exercises where oyou need to write. But i use also just old paper and write down the circle of 4th and 5ths. You could write down chord tones to memorize them.

Pebber has guitar theory vids on youtube where he shows how to use the documents you can download on his site.

I hope this helps

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
689 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly