Attention new(ish) posters

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:28 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

If you haven't posted a video yet, this post is directed to you. Yes, YOU.

Please introduce yourself with videos that show you playing a couple of sections from Pebber's syllabus. Guitar and music concepts involve a lifetime of learning that continually builds upon earlier concepts. To get the most appropriate advice from peers on this forum, as opposed to hot air from the blind leading the blind, you need to swallow your pride and post your videos. This way your peers have a shot at tailoring their advice to your skill level.

I don't want to list names, but lots of fairly new posters have still not shown themselves. As such, its tough to take what they are writing seriously.

Instead of reading this you should be practicing. Slowly. With a metronome.
Scroll up

RE: Attention new(ish) posters

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:17 am
by mr. gurgle (deleted)

I posted yesterday the first time, so I don't really know if there are new people here, who have been quiet lately? Perhaps some joined to discuss music or for some other reason? Who knows. I for one didn't join because I started to practise Pebber's syllabus, that should've happened 25 years ago for me. So I enjoy seeing and reading what others do and are learning and picking up pointers here and there. I think Scottulus summed it up for me, when he said, "It's fun to come and discuss music ideas. This is a great forum for that!"

Personally I'm at a point in my musical life, where what I've acquired through the years is maintained mostly by daily playing and writing of music. I know how much I can at this point give time to music in any form, whether in practicing, writing, recording, mixing etc. or even listening. For those that are starting out with a practice routine, it is not the same and I for one am not trying to convey any example of "don't practice or follow some example where someone is not practicing". I just have to prioritize my own time and sometimes mixing or writing takes the cake and playing, whether it's practicing or not, has to wait.

I agree that videos would be cool to see. Perhaps people are hesitant or they think that no one will comment on their efforts?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:43 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

Fair enough. Post a video of yourself playing anything you'd like. Whatever floats your boat. This way we can get a better sense of your musical background and what you have to offer this forum. You've posted nearly 30 times in a very short time period, responding to tons of random threads. Cool, glad you're interested in the posts. Can you please now contribute with music/exercises/etc as well?

It's never too late to begin honing your technique. Diving in right now to modules 1 and 2 certainly won't hurt anything. Maybe you're to a point where it won't help you either, but with no offense intended I kind of doubt that. Many of the forum members here started Pebber's syllabus later in life, myself included. I've been playing for 21 years now but only started with Pebber's syllabus just under 3 years ago. The improvements I've attained in that time are HUGE. I believe Scottulus was also an experienced musician who began module 1 in search of a way to make his picking more proficient and relaxed. He's posted on his quest numerous times.

Anyway, post a video. Same with all the other newish posters out there. You are not the only one. There are a few other (highly active) posters that have yet to reveal themselves.

Instead of reading this you should be practicing. Slowly. With a metronome.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:36 pm
by gossman • 5 Posts

Where should we post our practice video's for review.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:40 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

There are several threads with topics from Pebber's syllabus you could post it there and the right people will give you advice. You could also create a new thread I've done both and never heard complaints yet.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
276 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly