Tuner

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:14 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Just throwing this out there to the PB CREW. As a guitar and music teacher and gigging musician I use a tuner constantly every day of my life.

I usually use the one on my iphone. Why? Simply because I always have my phone on me and it's easy.

I recently downloaded the Petersen istrobosoft strobe tuner from the app store. It's $9.99 which is a little steep for an iphone app but, this is by far the best tuner app. Not only is it the best tuner app, it's just one of the best tuners period.

On my pedalboard I use the trusty BOSS TU-3. It's fairly accurate and can take the constant use and abuse. But for every day casual purposes, this app is superb.

Just wanted to toss this info out there for anyone interested.

YouTube www.youtube.com/ursinderoche
Facebook www.facebook.com/ursinderoche
Twitter @ursinderoche

Last edited Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:16 pm | Scroll up

RE: Tuner

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:52 pm
by telyn aur • 26 Posts

I'm happy to hear you use a tuner uderoche .I get from folk " you play guitar and you are unable to tune by ear" .I could tune it but i'm always a half a step out.i use a lisheng ht-2005.its about the size of an iphone :)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:23 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

I was so in love with the Petersen iphone app that I picked up their clip on tuner...the Strobo Clip. Really awesome. I recommend it to anyone who is frustrated with their current tuner.

www.facebook.com/ursinderoche
www.twitter.com/ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:11 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

I first learned how to tune the guitar to itself - you know, using harmonics and/or simultaneously strumming 2 strings at the 5th (and 4th) frets. That's great, if you are jamming by yourself without any backing whatsoever. Over the years, I have practiced enough be able to "sing" the rough equivalent of a high E,,,but I'm old school, and I don't live alone a deserted island.

In a live situation on a pedal board, nothing beats a BOSS TU-2, a TU-3, or a TC Polytune. On the headstock, I really like the Snark products (I have a couple of SN-2's).

For everyday practice, here's the name of a free app that I absolutely LOVE: PitchLab Lite (In fact, I even prefer this version over the PitchLab Pro version, which I purchased, then uninstalled.)

Whether tuning to Standard Tuning (Concert Pitch), or any of the myriad of Alternate Tunings, the important thing is that I make sure to tune up BEFORE I start practicing. In this day and age, it makes no sense to mess around with an instrument that is not in tune - there is just no excuse for it, and only does harm in the long run.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:41 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

I have a couple BOSS tuners and one European one Made in Germany - its ok.
I like CLEARTUNE on my adnroid phone the best. Gstrings FREE is ok but Cleartune is
more accurate.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:26 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

I use Planet Waves Nano Headstock Tuner wonderfull tuner IMHO. Very small barely vissible (you know I hate those big headstock tuners so ugly) and they are accurate and cheap (13eu).

Yes Adam your right there no excuse to play with an intrument out of tune these days. It should be like a ritual when you pick up the guitar check if it's still in tune and start playing.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
283 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 107) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly