Daily practice module 2

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:08 pm
by Rednation58 • 19 Posts

I recently received my first video and it starts with module 2 overview along with some beginner theory videos. I love the theory videos as they are full of great content - but the module 2 overview is really kicking my ass right now. It's taking me 3 hours just to get to the two hand trills which is very difficult to do on an acoustic for me right now. I finally struggled through and got to Chromatic exercises, then saw all the permutations that must be done to complete this portion of the module and I must admit I am overwhelmed right now.

If this is a daily plan, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get through all seven modules if I'm taking 3 hours on less than half of one. How do you guys tackle daily practice? Any advice is appreciated.

Scroll up

RE: Daily practice module 2

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:37 pm
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

I would say that it really depends on what your objective is for doing this stuff...If your goal is to become a lord of guitar, I would say that a high priority whould be to quickly locate those trill permutations that are kicking your butt the worst; focusing on them 24/7 will make you feel like you suck probably in the short term, but in the long haul those will give you the most bang for your hourly buck...but if feeling like steve vai is what you want to get when you practice then allowing yourself to grind the permutations that are most natural for you will probably be less taxing on your self-confidence as a guitarist. Though noo one has made any threads specifically addressing the importance and role that self-confidence plays, I think that it is something that holds much influence over how much you are able pour yourself into this stuff. It certainly has a subconcious influence on how quikly we can learn what we wanna learn.

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Play Guitar better than Fred Durst?---Check

Play Guitar better than Lil' Wayne?---Check

Play Guitar better than Franz Listz?---
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Well the two handed trill seems impossible on the acoustic. I can't get the sound like the video volume wise. As for the rest of the daily practice I guess what I'm asking is if anyone gets all the exercises from module 1 to 7 done daily or is it really broken up and if it's broken up how do you focus on the exercises. I feel a bit guilty when I can't get through one module let alone 7 in a day of practice.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:36 pm
by MatGeorge • 90 Posts

I felt this exact way looking at all the modules haha, I just focus on certain areas not all. For example trills, chromatic scale, picking

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:36 pm
by MatGeorge • 90 Posts

Like what nick was saying I think, if you wanna be good you gotta practice intense, maybe try and take certain exercises from each module to focus on.

Last edited Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:41 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:23 pm

OK. I'll just do what I can and work on things I can't.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:42 pm
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Just Stick to module 1 & 2 for at least a year
forget everything else for that year, computers, friends, family,
spend all your time picking, trilling, ladders, spiders,
then working your way slowly through module two

why not try for the 1 hour on each string.

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:33 pm

I'll stick to it. I'm still shooting for 6hrs a day during the week and 6+ on weekends.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:51 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Just module 1 for a couple of weeks at least. Try to post your video so we can see it and comment!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
650 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly