Proper left hand classical form way of doing this?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:35 am
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

So What I am wondering is when doing the following sort of thing on adjacent strings, What is the proper way of using the left hand? I remember pebber mentioning during a trill video...that when you are doing pull-off trillery, that proper form is to get the receiving fingers planted to receive the pull BEFORE you allow yourself to execute the trill....(as opposed to rolling doing sort a rolling motion on * for example.
E|---8p5h7---*8p7p5-|

I guess what I am refering to is analagous to what pebber says about planting all four fingers and then peeling away when descending on the chromatic form.

But what I am wondering is for when you gotta go pedal to the metal...say 6's on adjacent strings...is proper classical way here to use pointer to hold down both adjacent frets on the seventh fret and the dito with the 9th fret? Or does classical left hand technique require the same way of planting then peeling away with the left hand as with the descending chromatic form for the following?

E|--------------------------------------------|
b|--------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------------------------|
d|-10p9p7-----------12p10p9----------|
a|----------10p9p7------------12p10p9--|
e|--------------------------------------------|

Scroll up

RE: Proper left hand classical form way of doing this?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:13 am
by diegopaudyal • 91 Posts

I think that practicing planting your fingers to receive the pull before executing the trill helps you in building strong and tight curvature on your fretting fingers. When playing music (not practicing) you must be able to do both depending on if you are repeating the same/similar finger patterns. For tab you provided i think it is best to plant, if you can, your index finger on the 7th or 9th fret.

"Practice all the possible ways." Thats what Guru Pebber says.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
354 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 344) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly