Stormy Monday

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:24 am
by BillyRae • 24 Posts

Here is a solo rendition of the Blues Classic I put together using PB's Chords for the backing track. Played primarily in Gm with a cross over to Dm from time to time. Constructive comments will be appreciated as always.

Scroll up

RE: Stormy Monday

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:13 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi BillyRae,

Thank you so much for sharing, even though the song simply cuts off at 4:35! However, I like your overall approach to this tune and like the way you "sit back" and then take off on your bluesy runs.

LOTS of delay/chorus on this track, though,,,even on the cymbals!

I would love to hear a version with CLEAN drums and no delay/chorus on the guitar...NONE! Perhaps you can "dirty up" your guitar tone,,,but I would keep it simple & straightforward!

You have really good ideas, now it's just a matter of refining your tone and overall execution!!!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:52 pm
by BillyRae • 24 Posts

Thanks Adam. I hear you on the ending and tone. I have a "Woman Tone" setup a la Clapton I can use to Dirty Up the guitar and I can adjust the delay/Chorus on the backing track easily as well. (I just finished my first video (this one) so I'm kinda new to it. Not an excuse however. I can see where I can cleanup the editing already). I'll give it another shot here shortly and post again in a "Tuned UP" version. Sorry about the laid back style but that's just me. Appreciate your thoughts on composition.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:50 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi BillyRae,

No need to ever apologize for making an honest effort,,,your FIRST video, at that! There are countless tutorials all over the internet on how to record guitar, so have FUN exploring and learning!

Kudos to you for posting your video...keep 'em coming!!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
19 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 344) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly