I think I had guitar epiphany

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:58 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

I remember in my music theory and analysis class hearing my teacher Dr. Webber talk about the many uses and applications of the common tone diminished 7th chord as a modulatory melodic device. Right know I am starting to suspect it to be one of the strongest tools available once one can visualize all chords enharmonically...b/c they are a pattern of thirds there are but 3 of them to memorize...there must therefore be someway to visualize scales based upon them. As opposed to the five CAGED shapes. Since it doesnt get much simpler than remembering three things, I am really hoping to be able to make a system of scales/chords based upon the common tone diminished 7th chords. B/c each member of them can always be re-interpreted as a lead tone i think that they are probably the most logical way to mentate every major/minor scale. Maybe this is a stupidly obvious train of thought, but I really feel like it is significant one. I am wonderinbg if these are terms that anyone else on the forums have thought about; at least as far as neck visualization goes.

"Sarod floats like a butterfly...But it stings like when I trill"-Old Shed Proverb

Scroll up

RE: I think I had guitar epiphany

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 am
by Debilius • 96 Posts
Last edited Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:13 am | Scroll up

RE: I think I had guitar epiphany

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:46 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

this dude is exactly what I have been looking for! gots to watch these about a billion times to catch everything!

"Sarod floats like a butterfly...But it stings like when I trill"-Old Shed Proverb

Last edited Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:53 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 23 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
285 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 950) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly