Question about effects pedals/stomp box

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:45 am
by Expateach • 29 Posts

I have a Line 6 500HD. I just got it to work today after having it a couple of months. Yes, Newby here.
My question: I have my guitar plugged into the Line 6 but I not using an amp. I am using headphones but the single is coming through a Bluetooth dongle. When I pluck the strings there is delay of a second or more before I hear it through the headphones. Is it this a Bluetooth delay or could there be a delay from an effect in the Line 6? How much delay can one expect from plucking the strings to hearing the sound in general if using an amp?

Scroll up

RE: Question about effects pedals/stomp box

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 am
by dave86uk • 34 Posts

There shouldnt be any delay I think its safe to say the bluetooth is causing it.

Try plaing through a amp to see if there is any difference.

Ive never experienced any kind of delay with my pedals (all 7 of them) connected at the same time to my amp.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:06 am
by AceLuby • 63 Posts

You shouldn't have a delay, try plugging your headphones directly into the line out or as suggested above, plug it into an amp. My guess is that the delay will be gone in which case the culprit is the bluetooth dongle.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:09 pm
by Slashiepie • 118 Posts

connect directly, if that does not fix it, chances are you are not using the updated driver ;)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:40 am
by Expateach • 29 Posts

Not using updated driver? I'm not running it through a computer. So there is software on the line 6 that has to be updated? Bummer. I'm sure I've seen Paul Gilbert play using wireless headphones, presumably Bluetooth. You wouldn't think he'd play using that if there was a delay. I don't have an amp yet but I'll plug the headphones in directly to rule out the Bluetooth dongle.

Cheers!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:40 am
by Expateach • 29 Posts

Not using updated driver? I'm not running it through a computer. So there is software on the line 6 that has to be updated? Bummer. I'm sure I've seen Paul Gilbert play using wireless headphones, presumably Bluetooth. You wouldn't think he'd play using that if there was a delay. I don't have an amp yet but I'll plug the headphones in directly to rule out the Bluetooth dongle.

Cheers!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:44 am
by Slashiepie • 118 Posts

Lolo @ Paul Gilbert using bluetooth..They use stuff like this http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Beyer...-PAH0009145-000
not their Phones Bluetooth. (but nowadays who knows)

Its as simple as this to troubleshoot your problem.

Plug wired headphones in , is there delay ? no ?
Clear all effects and test your dry guitar tone with your Bluetooth headset, is it delayed ?

For lagless wireless transfer of guitar signals you usually want/need a more professional solution, even the expensive good quality headphones for other purpouses wont cut it (ive had these and they lagged:http://de.lookat.com/music/sennheiser-rs-180)

Last edited Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:47 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:53 pm
by Expateach • 29 Posts

Well, yesterday my bluetooth headset broke. They were a good set, Plantronics.
So I'm in the market for another one but for use with my electric I guess I need to forget the Bluetooth and use a cord. I already have my foot stuck to my Line 6 so I can't go far.
Any recommendations on a good headphone set to use with my stomp box?

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 401 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: