how is my practice routine?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:32 pm
by jutahn • 3 Posts

hey guys, this is my practice routine i just started, wondering if its a good start

20 min picking exercises on each string
40 min spider exercises
30 min trill
40 min ladder exercises
10 min x-patterns
40 min chromatic scale exercises

i do all this with a metronome set at 60 bpm.

should i add more exercises?
should i switch the alloted time up?
how long should i do this routine before i switch it up?
im really focusing on my left hand right now hoping that this will help increase my accuracy/speed and hand synchronization.
thanks for any feedback i really appreciate it

Scroll up

RE: how is my practice routine?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:31 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi jutahn,

Welcome to Forums! I believe that working off of Pebber's Daily Practice Routine is always "a good start." In fact, this is your foundation upon which you will build your guitar-playing knowledge, technique, and chops. To this day, I begin my practice with something from the Daily Practice Routine. Some days, I still run through the entire Routine.

Kudos for using a metronome!!!

I also applaud you for using your time wisely, and dividing up your routine into manageable segments. This will prevent you from becoming complacent, even bored, with practicing, learning, and developing your craft.

Keep in mind, learning guitar is not a race, as there is no "finish line," no "graduation." There is always something to practice and improve upon.

Finally, if you have not already done so, you are strongly encouraged to post a video (or videos) of what you are working on. They do not have to be elaborate, and please do not post 20-minute videos that include things like explanations, tuning, apologies, shuffling papers, "ummms and uhhhh's", etc. Simply title your video "Spider Exercises" and show us a minute or 2 of that, or something like, "X-Patterns at 60 BPM," and show a minute or 2 of that. Same with picking. You get it.

....and most importantly, keep up the GREAT work!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 332 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: