Series of articles on the art & science of effective practice.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:40 pm
by TConnelly • 5 Posts

Greetings all! Stumbled on this series of articles and they struck a chord so to speak. They're written by a neurologist and Banjo player. The articles are about Banjo playing of course but if you just substitute guitar for banjo anywhere in the text you'll be golden.

clawhammerbanjo.net/the-immutable-laws-of-brainjo-the-art-and-science-of-effective-practice/

I see so many parallels between this and PBs teaching style. From Pebbers techniques for learning chords to visualizing where he mentions an example of walking the motocross track back in the day. (Something that I can relate to since I too raced motocross back in the day. Poorly granted but still.....) This series of articles explains the biology of why it works. I found it fascinating and I'm hoping you will too. I'm hoping this series will continue, the last installment was only posted a couple weeks ago so hopefully....

Cheers...................Todd

P.S. The forum won't let me post the link so if you just add http:// to the above and past it in your browser it should work.

Just remember, Every time you call them "vinyls" god kills a kitten!
Scroll up

RE: Series of articles on the art & science of effective practice.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:34 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Click on the icon that says "Link einfugen."

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:55 pm
by TConnelly • 5 Posts

Thanks Pebber, I did that but it came up with an error and said I had too many links, "Your posts contains to many links. A maximum of 0 links is allowed.". I'll try it again. Nope didn't work. I'll try it with video ienfugen :) What the heck maybe it'll work.

http://clawhammerbanjo.net/the-immutable-laws-of-brainjo-the-art-and-science-of-effective-practice/

Cheers.................Todd

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:59 pm
by TConnelly • 5 Posts

Huh, that seems to work. Wish I could edit my first post now.

Cheers..................Todd

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:46 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi Todd,

Thank you for sharing! As a physics buff, I am always fascinated when techniques are analyzed scientifically.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 99 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: