Help!! Right Hand Practice

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:48 pm
by shotimac • 17 Posts

Merry Christmas!
Month 2 videos. Practicing my right hand technique. 10 notes per beat at 40 and 10 notes per beat at 45. Kindly check and help me if i am doing the right technique. Thank you very much!

Scroll up

RE: Help!! Right Hand Practice

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:10 am
by TConnelly • 5 Posts

Greetings! No expert here, in fact I'm just starting out myself. So just a couple of general comments from me.

First, at 10 notes per beat at 40 & 45 bpm it's very difficult to tell if your timing is on. It might be better (and more practical from a musical stand point?) to do 5 notes per beat at 80 & 90 bpm for your videos instead.

Second, as you progress you're going to want your guitar in a more vertical position with the neck up almost by your ear. See the thread entitled "Check out Jorge Caballero" for one and also videos from the guys here. Might as well get used to it now. No sense "grooving your stroke" this way and then have to change up later on when you're trying to concentrate on something else. Get yourself a strap as Pebber Brown suggests in some of his videos. Trust him it helps a lot.

Cheers...................Todd

Just remember, Every time you call them "vinyls" god kills a kitten!
Scroll up

RE: Help!! Right Hand Practice

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:17 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Timing sounds pretty good, more movement needed in the thumb index finger. pretty good keep at it

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
408 guests and 2 members have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

2 members have been online today:
McFly, webpulseindia