trio songlist and help?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm
by Blayze • 32 Posts

What's up guys?

I have started a three piece and we are having trouble getting a 3 set song list together. Our general audience can range anywhere from 18-50, so the music could be pretty varied. We need songs people enjoy hearing. Can anyone offer any song suggestions that go over well? Also, I play guitar and sing in this trio. Are there any pointers you could give in regards to making the trio song good and filling the space?
Any overall advice would be excellent. Thanks!

Scroll up

RE: trio songlist and help?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:56 am
by walleyedave • 37 Posts

I played in one of the bigger cover bands in my area for the last 2 years. I quit because i just couldnt take playing Other peoples stuff for hours on end. Thats besides the point. You may laugh, or blow this off, but from over 200-300 shows i can safely say that one bands songs blew everyone out every time we played them, no matter how young or old the crowd was. Ready? Rage against the machine!! Yes, thats right. We did a 3 song medley of rage that lit the stage uo no matter what, no matter where. It really surprised me(although i am a huge rage fan), that so many people loved it that much. You asked,,,try it out!! Also, rebel yell went over really well( and the travis picking at the begginning was fun!!)

Scroll up

RE: trio songlist and help?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:39 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

You can pick any tunes - its literally ALL in the arrangement of how you play them. Think of Guitar, Bass & Drums as 6 strings, 4 strings and percussion. So with 10 strings available (10 notes) - what can you come up with?

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 310 guests and 1 member online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly