Changing tuning keys

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 pm
by Shiminpotok • 1 Post

I have one dilemma , and I hope that you can help me.I need to change tuning keys on my Ibanez GAX30 /the plastic ones I got with the guitar don't function anymore/.I talked to people in several music stores and I was told that the best thing I could do is to buy "Sperzel" keys/approx. 70 US $ for a set/.I'm uncomfortable with the idea,coz I know little about the keys,and I realize that they function differently than the "classic" ones.Since there are,also,different types of Sperzel keys ,which one should I choose for Ibanez GAX 30/if any/? Also, I'm uncomfortable with this coz Sperzels are to be attached with one screw only,and my guitar has 2 holes for each tuning key,so I don't know if that would be o.k. The number of string warps would be reduced,too, due to the different way of functioning.I was hoping that you might help me with this issue .What do you think about Sperzel keys? I would like not to have problems with keeping the guitar in tune as often as I already had .

Scroll up

RE: Changing tuning keys

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

A nice set of professional tuning keys that will hold the string in tune are going to cost in the neighborhood of $70 US. My advice would be to save and buy a better guitar. However, if you really wanted to change the keys, Ibanez puts Gotoh keys on their more expensive models. I have some and they are very nice. Sperzel is very nice as well. I had a set of Sperzel locking tuners on a Fender Strat once and they worked very well.

-Ursin

Last edited Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 pm | Scroll up

RE: Changing tuning keys

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:15 am
by walleyedave • 37 Posts

I have sperzels on an ibanez 520sz, and i think they are pretty good, although i think that gotoh( not sure if i spelled it right) are better. They are regular tuners, but seem really good. And i think they are a little cheaper. Musicians friend has all kinds, and they ship cheap and fast. you get what you pay for,,,,,,,usually!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
184 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly